I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Tired Tires

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

DAMN Tired Tires

Post by Rut Row »

So, starting last fall I noticed the front tire on my 450 just wasn't holding. There appeared to be a lot of knob left so I assumed it was me and quit thinking about it. Then at the Reunion, I was dog-dodo slow and did not trust the front tire - simply could not carry any speed in a corner without it washing out. :wallbash:

The past Wed at Savage River, I was having the same problem so I asked Ray Tie (GNCC Racer) what might be causing the problem - thinking he might suggest a riding technique. :shrug:

He looks at my front tire and said :fitz:

The DAMNed thing is worn out! :foul:

boy do I feel embarrassed. :huh:

Moral of the story - worn knobbies look like good knobbies :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: DAMN Tired Tires

Post by mdubya »

Well, how many PSI did you say you run in the thing? That is undoubtedly part of the problem too.

ETA: was TyMarp on street tires on Weds? :lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:Well, how many PSI did you say you run in the thing? That is undoubtedly part of the problem too.

15# - anything less and I get pinch flats real easy (such as the one I got at Mountain Ridge) - and zero pressure really sucks :sheep:

and TyMarp was on his leetle bike with knobbies :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
mdubya wrote:Well, how many PSI did you say you run in the thing? That is undoubtedly part of the problem too.

15# - anything less and I get pinch flats real easy (such as the one I got at Mountain Ridge) - and zero pressure really sucks :sheep:

and TyMarp was on his leetle bike with knobbies :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Well that shoots all of my theories to hell. :lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC