I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Motion Pro is awesome

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Motion Pro is awesome

Post by BillyGoat »

See this email thread below (this happened in just 1 day--today! Haha!)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 1:50 PM
To: Billy Gleaves @ Comcast)
Subject: RE: T-6 chain breaker problem

Hello Billy,
Thanks for the note. Yes, we are aware of the occasional issue with the U-shaped press plate. We have recently modified the material and design, and would be happy to send you one. Please provide me with a full mailing address, and I will send you one.

Chris Van Andel
Returns/Warranty
Motion Pro, Inc
867 American Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
650-594-9600 x132
650-594-9610 Fax
chrisv@motionpro.com

Browse our 2011 Interactive Digital Catalog

Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 10:35 AM
To: warranty
Subject: T-6 chain breaker problem
Chris,

I tried leaving a message today but your voicemail is full. I considered having my friend a machinist make up a new part out of steel but decided to contact you first.

I trust Motion Pro products and would buy all your tools for my KTM 450 EXC (09) if I had the money. However I have a problem with my T-6 light chain breaker tool.

My chain is in good repair and is a factory x-ring chain. I removed the master link clip and reviewed the instructions a few times. I lined up the front and rear press plates (without the tool attached) so I knew the fit and clearances. I followed the instructions exactly and made darn sure everything stayed lined up when I tightened the tool. It did eventually work but I had to really tighten down.

The problem was that the “C” shaped plate (aluminum color) on the backside of the chain did bend. Not enough to ruin everything, but next time I’m sure it won’t be good enough. I don’t think that’s what it’s designed to do (see picture).

I suggest that Motion pro either make that part out of steel (it will still be light) or to make out of the 7075 series aluminum (instead of the weaker 6061 stuff it’s made out of now) or redesign it to be thicker on the “saddle” portion.

What I’d like to do is to file a claim under the warranty. I have only used it 1 time. I received it as a Christmas present. The item is defective in that it is not made to be strong enough to do what it’s designed to do. I didn’t do anything funny or unusual for this to happen but only used a Sears combination wrench and my hand.

Can you please get back to me by phone or email?

Thanks,

Billy Gleaves
Woodbine, Maryland
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/8365 ... t6bent.jpg
2002 Yamaha Raptor 80 QUAD!
2001 Honda XR50R stock
2001 Yamaha WR250F SOLD
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Motion Pro is awesome