I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Need some help with my husky.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Re: Need some help with my husky.

Post by Bork »

The plug you took out, was wet or dry??? Your getting fuel out of petcock, so maybe float stuck? (if plug was dry)
I have use starter fluid on 2 strokes ,but you just dont want to use over & over & keep running on the stuff, cause it has no lubrication in it. I use it just to verify it'll fire up. Then its just a matter of getting the wright mixture with that wright plug! :dry:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I had an 06 WR 250 Husky.
If you have spark, the bike will run.
The Husky can be a PIA to start.
The Husky does not throw the piston over as many times per kick as other bikes. My bike would "NEVER" start by just doing one kick. But if you did one full kick followed by a second quick kick (while the piston was still in motion) it would start every time.
Love that Husky engine, one of my favorite smoker power plants just a shame Husky did not use a wide ratio tranny with it.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

Try cleaning it out. While pressing the kill button, hold the throttle full open, kick it a bunch. Then try to start as normal. If it's a no-go, lean it over until fuel runs out the overlow tube, turn the choke on, get on & kick it.

Hope it helps. Worked for my CR250R.
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

You say the plug was dry getting no fuel when you tried to start it. The bottom of the carb bowl usually has a plug , a lot of them are 14mm , see if you have fuel when you remove it or after laying the bike over on its side if no fuel comes out the over flow vent tubes then it's not getting to/through the carburator . I would say the something in the fuel delivery line carburetor float/valve or even needle valve itself may be misadjusted or even stuck . I assume that you were using the choke circuit and this may be clogged, pilot jets are always suspect in the slow speed starting circuit becuse the openings are soooo small and may even look clean but still can be clogged( I usually use a jewelers loop and strong light to inspect the jets). Good luck with the bike I'm sure you will love it once you get it running . You say in your last post that fuel is going to the carb then I would suspect the carb needs to gone through again, check for leaks around your reed cage intake or cracks in the manifold boot itself and if when you have the carb off , you cover the intake manifold with your hand and then kick it over to see if you can feel suction and you do feel suction, it kind of eliminates the engine side of the equation . If you don't feel any suction then start looking for worn out top end , bad crank seals, leaking base gasket, case sealing gaskits holes in cases ect., stuck rings and the list goes on. hopefully it's all in the carburetor
Last edited by waserman on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

After the Holidays I could swing by and give you a hand.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Well what's the verdict on the bike ?
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Still not running yet not a lot of time to work on it.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Still willin' to help.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r