I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Need some help with my husky.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Need some help with my husky.

Post by Daves08excr »

I started trying to find out whats wrong with the bike. I put the wright spark plug in it kicked and kicked got nothing.Pulled the plug its not getting fuel. took carb off cleaned it it looks great. Pulled the reeds they look ok could not find any crackes. i pulled the head off to take a look and it looks great in the cylinder pistons tight. Seams to have good compsesion but i am not up on two strokes. Any body have ant ideas.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Re: Need some help with my husky.

Post by Taylor »

Take it and lay it on it's side and see if gas runs out of the overflo tubes on the carb. Check vent on gas tank cap? Fuel filter? Do you have spark? It should start with bad reeds just wouldn't run well. Hope this helps.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

It's that dang "wright" spark plug. Try an NGK.

:lol2:

:peep:

OK...air, fuel and spark. Sounds like you got 2 outta 3. Did you check for spark? Shot of starter fluid to see if it wants to bite?
Bruce
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

I don't think starter fluid is wise to use in 2 strokes. +1 on the NGK all most never foul!
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Taylor wrote:I don't think starter fluid is wise to use in 2 strokes.
Good call. I wasn't paying attention :thumbup:
Bruce
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

starting fuild is ok to use but you are better with just mixed gasoline, pull the plug and pour a tablespoon or so in there and replace plug and wire then kick, if it has a timed spark and compression it will start otherwise or really even first replace the spark plug with a new NGK B8ES or BR8ES for a couple bucks it well worth it, cheapest place to buy them is an Advanced auto or a salvo or something, same with those crazy $$$ KTM plugs.

dont worry about reeds or anything else, that and most other things would cause running problems, not a no start issue

all the euro trash were know for weak ignitions but dont get caught up there, after new plug and fuel and still no spark/run, then go looking for a shorted out wire or kill switch or a bad plug connection on something mainline cutting off or shorting out the juice to the plug.
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

is fuel coming out of the tank? check the petcock
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

is fuel coming out of the tank? check the petcock
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

I have fuel going to carb from the tank. I will work on it some more friday. Thanks for all the help i'll keep you all up tp date. It would be great if i can get it out to the cove to ride the 30th. O ya i only use ngk plugs for all my bikes.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Daves08excr wrote:I have fuel going to carb from the tank. I will work on it some more friday. Thanks for all the help i'll keep you all up tp date. It would be great if i can get it out to the cove to ride the 30th.
If you need some help let me know or drop it off. I`ll get it running or help you get it runing.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX