I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2007 Husky 510 is a pig

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

2007 Husky 510 is a pig

Post by mdubya »

I have taken possession of a certain 2007 Husky TE 510 and it feels like it weighs 400+ lbs. Are they all this heavy?

For comparison, I was rolling my 2002 KTM 520 EXC around today and I was able to lift and move the rear of the bike with 3 fingers under the sub frame and a little shove with my thigh.

Same with my DRZ which easily weight 325 lbs.

With the TE I have to lift with all my might, maybe even use the help of a bounce to unweight the rear end of the bike, even just to slide it over a few inches.

Thoughts?

Did someone fill the swingarm with lead?

:shrug:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2007 Husky 510 is a pig

Post by Junior »

mdubya wrote:I have taken possession of a certain 2007 Husky TE 510 and it feels like it weighs 400+ lbs. Are they all this heavy?

For comparison, I was rolling my 2002 KTM 520 EXC around today and I was able to lift and move the rear of the bike with 3 fingers under the sub frame and a little shove with my thigh.

With the TE I have to lift with all my might, maybe even use the help of a bounce to unweight the rear end of the bike, even just to slide it over a few inches.

Thoughts?

Maybe you should push a DR650 around some :gdog: OR you could just sell me the 510 cheap????? :peep:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Junior wrote:Maybe you should push a DR650 around some :gdog: OR you could just sell me the 510 cheap????? :peep:
I think he should sell it to you too :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Junior wrote:
mdubya wrote:I have taken possession of a certain 2007 Husky TE 510 and it feels like it weighs 400+ lbs. Are they all this heavy?

Thoughts?

Maybe you should push a DR650 around some :gdog: OR you could just sell me the 510 cheap????? :peep:
Make me an offer I can't refuse. :rickey:

I have pushed a DR 650 around. Not too terribly heavy IMHO. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

mdubya wrote: I have pushed a DR 650 around. Not too terribly heavy IMHO. :thumbup:
I saw him do curls with a two stroke once, serious, he was really buff then.
asr
DAMN Wanabe

Post by asr »

Thoughts?

??? I'm currently riding a 09 TXC 510 and it’s not so bad, converted to DS, actually about everyone that rides it comes back saying they were surprised about how light it feels.
Does it have a bunch of aftermarket stuff on it?
Mines like 259lbs

Allen
http://www.dualsportarmory.com
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

asr wrote:actually about everyone that rides it comes back saying they were surprised about how light it feels.
There's a big difference between "riding weight" and "picking it up off the ground weight." Even an ST1100 feels light at speed, but it sucks picking that thing up even with the tipover wings.

That actually brings up another point -- it could be how it lays on the ground that makes it harder to pick up, if it's the same weight.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

phoo wrote:
asr wrote:actually about everyone that rides it comes back saying they were surprised about how light it feels.
There's a big difference between "riding weight" and "picking it up off the ground weight." Even an ST1100 feels light at speed, but it sucks picking that thing up even with the tipover wings.

That actually brings up another point -- it could be how it lays on YOU ON the ground that makes it harder to pick up, if it's the same weight.

~Patrick

Fixed it for ya! :brows:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

asr wrote:
??? I'm currently riding a 09 TXC 510 and it’s not so bad, converted to DS, actually about everyone that rides it comes back saying they were surprised about how light it feels.
Does it have a bunch of aftermarket stuff on it?
Mines like 259lbs

Allen
http://www.dualsportarmory.com
Well, that is why I ask. Because if feel much heavier than I would expect it too. I have stripped off the saddle bag mounts and anything that is not a d/s necessity. I even removed the rim locks, front and rear. It still has ultra heavy duty tubes, but that can't be what makes the rear so heavy I can't even lift it off the ground without busting a hernia.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

mdubya wrote:.... I can't even lift it off the ground without busting a hernia.
:lol2:
Well, it might be the rider :shrug:

:amazon:
Bruce