I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Seat Repair in progress..

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
mustangwagz

Seat Repair in progress..

Post by mustangwagz »

soooo..my seat SUCKED. Uncomfortable as all heck.. (yah..i'm a whiner.. i know..my woman told me so lol) anyhow, not to mention the seat cover was crappy too. i got new material at Jo-Ann Fabric for 7 bucks. Got a 3x5 piece of good ole Marine Vinyl.. Freakin bright red to match my red plastic parts! OoOooO! But here's where i am now.. Makin the cover is gonna be tricky..so i'm takin time and gettin some help from someone who has done this before.. ill post more pictures as i make progress!

NOTE: This is temporary btw...

XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Re: Seat Repair in progress..

Post by XRAnimal »

Cardboard makes a great # plate :thumbup:
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz »

XRAnimal wrote:Cardboard makes a great # plate :thumbup:
hah, cool ill keep that in mind. i got side covers though. just had em off to remove seat bolts. tis all.
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

I love the duct-tape cover man. Awesome! I hear folks talk about an ATV seat cover or pad at Walmart they use on and underneath seat covers. I've not seen one but its been buzzing around other forums like Adv and such. How is the seat foam?
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

I have one of those covers (from Wal-mart) on my XT. Its not really thick but does add a little extra padding.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

The seat may be the best looking part on the bike.

:lol2:

I'm watching :eyes: I wanna redo the seat cover on one of my DRs.
Bruce
mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz »

well, sadly that bike is no more.. i wrecked it back in like..july?.. yah.. i ended up buyin a different seat (which was cherry condition) and rode it for like 2 weeks with the new seat. i then totaled it..great. so i sold it to insurance company and bought a harley. LOL yah i know..i miss the dual sport soooooooooooooooo much.. some day i'd like to get another.

THe bike was in overall great shape after i cleaned up all the rusty stuff and re-painted it. i got alot of left over crap for it i'm tryin to sell on ebay now. lol

Oh well, we live and learn!

Sorry guys...
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

So your sold out to the insurance co. and bought a Harley? What did you get a Buell Blast? :poser: Sorry to hear about any ride going to the scrapper yard, but sometimes it's best. You've healed up well I take it?

Don't let the Harley get in the way of getting out and riding. They tend to be garage trophys that are polished too much and not ridden!
mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz »

Well, awakening an old thread, i did a seat mod on my DR350S that i picked up in april..i found it to be much better than any other seat mods ive tried, and better than most seats ive had to sit on for a long time. my friends and i cannot decide on a name though..lol Some call it the "tail bone trench" and some call it "the prostate pocket"... dont let the name deter you, illl try to get pics up to show ya what i did. i did alot of reading on "buttock ergonomics" and Comfort zones n stuff.
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

mustangwagz wrote:Well, awakening an old thread, i did a seat mod on my DR350S that i picked up in april..i found it to be much better than any other seat mods ive tried, and better than most seats ive had to sit on for a long time. my friends and i cannot decide on a name though..lol Some call it the "tail bone trench" and some call it "the prostate pocket"... dont let the name deter you, illl try to get pics up to show ya what i did. i did alot of reading on "buttock ergonomics" and Comfort zones n stuff.
How many gals volunteered to let you do research? :brows:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r