I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

XR650L Smog Pump Removal

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: XR650L Smog Pump Removal

Post by Rut Row »

call and get a hotel room and come out VFR direct after work, then ride back with the group.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

So call'm up and tell'm you're dead.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Rode the XR in this morning and finally got to road test the smog pump, and snorkle removal work. Originally I wasn't even going to this mod but after learning the part was only $18 I had too. Boy am I glad I did. I don't know that there is any actual increase in horsepower but the bike does run noticeable better. Quicker throttle response, and virtually all popping on decel is gone. Bike runs quite smooth compared to stock and looks much cleaner.

Easy mod, glad I did it.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Fox,

When you get a chance, do "Daves-mods" to the carb as well. For a $5 investment in a couple of jets, it compliments the de-snorkle and de-smog very nicely. (if you decide to run an after-market exhaust, IMHO, re-jetting on this bike is a must because it is way too lean from the factory to start)