I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Oil consumption post rebuild question

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Roadracer_Al

Re: Oil consumption post rebuild question

Post by Roadracer_Al »

LOL... I'll be happy to install it for you, but tuning, you're best off running it on a dyno that's equipped with a "tailpipe sniffer"... yeah, sounds dirty to me, too.

I can get it "close" but to get it "right", nothing beats an hour of dyno time. There are a couple around, and everyone seems to have a friend of a friend of a friend with one. A friend of mine, also a former racer, had a very nice experience with Shawn Sweeny of Cycle Connection in Buckystown (which is east of Damascus, an easy commute for you) 301-874-1168. I intend to take my DRZ up there someday soon.

a
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Al - between races this weekend, we need to talk. I used 2 quarts of oil over my 1,000 mile trip. :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

The leak down test showed that one of the valve stem seals was bad. The rings are just fine. I should have the Pig back this weekend! 'course, I'm gonna be riding the 450 for a while :loveit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I'm gonna be riding the 450 for a while
That is truly the best top end fix you could have made. :lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC