I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN glad to be here!

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

DAMN glad to be here!

Post by SoPaRider »

:thumbup: Super Senior/old fart (40 years behind the bars!) from Chambersburg, PA, glad to find a site to meet up with some local riders. I started riding in the dirt and it's still my favorite place to ride, raced enduro's and hare scrambles (Yamaha IT250E and Kaw KDX 200's mainly) when I was a young lad, now I ride the dirt for exercise, to get away from the rat race and for the pure love of it, I'm hooked. Did the sportbike thing for a few years in the eighty's, loved it, but the speeding tickets, the dirt and then dualsport bikes kept pulling back to my roots. Now I ride a well broken in '96 Suzuki DR350SET with 30,000 miles and a nearly new Suzuki DL650AK7 (ABS) V-Strom/wee strom with 9,000 miles on it, that is mainly used as a sport-touring bike by my wife Karen (SoPaGuider) and I. Sold my old flame, a '99 KLR650 to fellow DAMN Rider, Frank (urklr connect), in the fall of '06 after 76,000 miles, 48 states & D.C., several 8,000 mile/three week tours of the west and two 1,000 mile non stop (except for gas) rides to Missouri. Frank has since sold the bike to his brother-in-law Ed, with the stipulation that I will always have first dibs to ride it, if and when Ed isn't! Last weekend I turned it over 82,000 miles and one way or another it's going to see 100 grand! Frank and I and possibly a couple of other lurkers are planning on truckin' our bikes over to Green Ridge State Forest/O.R.V. Riding Area on Saturday for the 2nd Annual DAMN Riders Reunion, hope to see and meet some of you there. I'm self employed/semi-retired and work from home, so I "nearly never" turn down a chance to ride, call or e-mail me if you ever want to hook up. Again, glad to be here!

Later,

Jeff (SoPaRider)
SoPaRider@Embarqmail.com
717-262-1025

'96 DR350S
'07 650 wee strom

"The rides never long enough!"
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: DAMN glad to be here!

Post by Rut Row »

EXCELLENT! And we are DAMN glad to have you here! Bucho and I are leaving Fredneck around 10 today. Looking forward to seeing you are the ORV tomorrow. :ride:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Re: DAMN glad to be here!

Post by RRob »

It was nice to meet you on Sunday. If you're ever coming through Gore, shoot me an email: amerirb@aol.com. What was that public riding area in PA with trails you were talking about? Bald Eagle?
Rob

XR650L