I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Post your Ugly Mug!

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
vetteguy
DAMN n00b

Re: Post your Ugly Mug!

Post by vetteguy »

Guy at Rock Run, PA
2002 XR400 (sold), 2007 KTM 450 exc
2001 XR200, 2004 Harley 1200R, 2004 CRF250X (son)
JohnnyBgood95
DAMN n00b

Post by JohnnyBgood95 »

Hi guys, John Green here. Some pix from Wolf's Den and one from Summit Point
Attachments
10168127_10203633573946952_1892001245547703198_n.jpg
10377019_10203848355516357_8239880541703435527_n.jpg
10612711_10204644529580211_8394866259786033537_n.jpg
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Wes Jones here - Annapolis, DAMN glad to meet ya.

I've just picked up a KLR and going to spend the rest of the winter turning into a TAT assault vehicle and need some places to ride to prove this thing is sorted out. I'm hoping you guys can point me in the direction of some rides?

The KLR for the TAT:

The K1600GT for the epic road trips:

The S1000RR for the track:
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Not exactly the lightest dirtbike out there... Though Sallydog has ridden some hairy stuff on his old KLR.
Are you already a dirt/offroad guy? Or is this KLR the "light weight" bike that you plan to learn to ride dirt on?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Twist, welcome to the group. Stay safe out there.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

that should do well on the TAT. Come to some of the dual-sport rides and try it out there. They have big bike routes and you will quickly learn what it takes to manage the gnarly sections of the TAT.

and welcome!

oh yea, where do you race?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote:Not exactly the lightest dirtbike out there... Though Sallydog has ridden some hairy stuff on his old KLR.
Are you already a dirt/offroad guy? Or is this KLR the "light weight" bike that you plan to learn to ride dirt on?
The KLR is a fat pig but we're going to try to do the full Trans America Trail so I was looking for more of a mule than a mountain goat.

I grew up in the dirt but hadn't been on a dirt bike in about 40 years until about 2 years ago. I spent the last couple of summers back riding off road and it lit the fuse again. Over the last couple of years I've done a small bit of more technical rides on a KTM 350 EXC and some park/forestry road type riding on a DRZ400 and a KLR.

There may be a 250 in my not too distant future but yeah, the KLR is my "light weight" bike for now. I went looking for some place I could find some riding and found you guys.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Kyler wrote:that should do well on the TAT. Come to some of the dual-sport rides and try it out there. They have big bike routes and you will quickly learn what it takes to manage the gnarly sections of the TAT.

and welcome!

oh yea, where do you race?
Thanks Kyler, that's what I was hoping for! I take the 1000 out to Summit Point for Roger Lyle's track days and may try to get up to NJMP this year. That's another thing from my distant past that I'm trying again too. I figure if the dual sport riding doesn't put me on a first name basis with an orthopedic surgeon, the race bike will.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Twist wrote:Thanks Kyler, that's what I was hoping for! I take the 1000 out to Summit Point for Roger Lyle's track days and may try to get up to NJMP this year. That's another thing from my distant past that I'm trying again too. I figure if the dual sport riding doesn't put me on a first name basis with an orthopedic surgeon, the race bike will.
if you ride a KTM 350EXC (and I'm SOOO jealous) I doubt you will have any issues. I race my sidecar with CCS at Summit and NJMP.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Kyler wrote:
Twist wrote:Thanks Kyler, that's what I was hoping for! I take the 1000 out to Summit Point for Roger Lyle's track days and may try to get up to NJMP this year. That's another thing from my distant past that I'm trying again too. I figure if the dual sport riding doesn't put me on a first name basis with an orthopedic surgeon, the race bike will.
if you ride a KTM 350EXC (and I'm SOOO jealous) I doubt you will have any issues. I race my sidecar with CCS at Summit and NJMP.
Sidecars - cool. My 9 year old saw one at the Barber Museum last summer and has been wanting me to get one ever since. I keep telling her she's big enough to ride her own dirt bike! She'd be on one if we had a good place to ride.