I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Post your Ugly Mug!

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Post your Ugly Mug!

Post by Bucho »

yannis wrote:Hi all,
newbie on the forum here. Recently got a R1200GSA and was looking for some dirt in MD. Someone on BMW MOA suggested this forum. Glad I found it.

Don't have a pic of the R so here's one of the K bike.

Cheers,
Yannis
Welcome new guy!
Do you have crash bars and a skid plate that GS? Im sure we can help you find some dirt.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

indeed, welcome! you found the right place - Dirt R Us
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
yannis
DAMN n00b

Post by yannis »

Bucho wrote:
yannis wrote:Hi all,
newbie on the forum here. Recently got a R1200GSA and was looking for some dirt in MD. Someone on BMW MOA suggested this forum. Glad I found it.

Don't have a pic of the R so here's one of the K bike.

Cheers,
Yannis
Welcome new guy!
Do you have crash bars and a skid plate that GS? Im sure we can help you find some dirt.
Yes, the DAMN thing is loaded. Skid plates, crash bars, wizzardry of all sorts. . Still working on the first scratch. Almost thinking of getting a used 250 to toss around. But instead I will start with some light duty off roading and work my way up. Last enduro was a Honda XL650R in 86 to 88 or so. Since then it's been sport tourers only.
-----
BMW 2007 K1200R Sport (just sold but, like an amputated limb, feels still there...)
BMW 2013 R1200GSA
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

If you want, I have a 88 xl600r you can take for a spin and I will gladly scratch your up for you? Just trying to be helpful and welcome you in DAMN style. :kumbaya:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
yannis
DAMN n00b

Post by yannis »

bonehead wrote:If you want, I have a 88 xl600r you can take for a spin and I will gladly scratch your up for you? Just trying to be helpful and welcome you in DAMN style. :kumbaya:
I am speechless by your kindness, Barbarian, almost in tears imagining you riding my bike.
-----
BMW 2007 K1200R Sport (just sold but, like an amputated limb, feels still there...)
BMW 2013 R1200GSA
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I just don't want you to be mad at yourself for scratching it. Just being DAMN neighborly, LOL.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

yannis wrote:I am speechless by your kindness, Barbarian, almost in tears imagining you riding my bike.
I'd be crying too at the thought of Bonehead the Barbarian riding my bike :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
OTTO
DAMN n00b

Post by OTTO »

Haven't been on for a while. Here is a shot of me during the 777 ride in 2010. Paul

Paul McN.
18 KTM 250 EXC-F
16 Honda Africa Twin
dougmccabe
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dougmccabe »

Grreatdog wrote:Some DAMN fool took this of me freezing to death last October and I stole it off the Internet. Next time some toothless hillbilly at a one pump gas station tells it is snowing up on the mountain I will listen.

First thing... I don't like being called "toothless". I prefer edentulous and secondly its ethanol free gas at that one pump station. :)
Wait to you see the 640 ADV I will have at the S500 this year.
2011 BMW F800GS
2010 Husaberg FE390
2016 Beta 250 EVO
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I really enjoyed this part of that ride. Going under the snow - laden branches was beautiful. I wish I could have gotten a picture of them.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200