I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Placek
DAMN n00b

Post by Placek »

Hey everyone, newbie here from Pasadena Md. Anyone close? Getting bored riding by myself... I have a KTM 690 that I have mostly used for street riding with the supermoto setup, but really itching to get it off road. I was thinking of going to the rorr ds on 10/8. Searched here but didn't find anything for this year. Anyone going?
2016 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Newbie

Post by Skinny-J »

First off, Welcome!

As to your question on RORR, IMHO that is NOT the DS for a 690. Rorr is a great ride but you would have a lot more fun on a smaller dirt bike. A good DS for a 690 could be the Shenadoha 500, Michaux, Greenridge, 7Mountains or Durty Dabbers. These tend to use alot of gravel roads with easier trails.

Best of luck whatever you decide!

SJ
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:welcome:

the bigger DS rides will be perfect for you. It probably is too late to get into the Shen500.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Placek
DAMN n00b

Post by Placek »

Sign up is finished for the Shen500... It would have been nice but I just started looking for events to go to recently.
2016 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey newbie. I'm not super close but maybe you can come out to the Frederick Co area and we can do some sort of fun, easy dualsport ride. (Twisty back roads, dirt roads, and maybe a few tiny tiny offroad pieces).

I'm recovering from a knee injury and I wont be doing anything like ROR events for a bit.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Placek
DAMN n00b

Post by Placek »

Bucho, I'm all for it! Want to line something up for Sunday?
2016 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Placek wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:23 pm Bucho, I'm all for it! Want to line something up for Sunday?
Sorry, Im out of state this weekend.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200