I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tweaking Automated Responses

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Tweaking Automated Responses

Post by Rut Row »

I got bored and started tweaking the automated response to add some DAMN flavor. If you find my changes in bad taste please forward that message to me at ken@kyler.com

If you have improvements, edits etc also forward that to me with the suggested changes.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Tweaking Automated Responses

Post by Skinny-J »

Sorry, but what are you talking about? What automated resposes?
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I just got one of the tweaked messages. It came when someone PM'd me.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I reported something the other day and liked the 'I don't need a DAMN reason' for why I was reporting the post :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

SJ - this is the template for new members

Subject: Account activated

Hello {USERNAME},

You made the best DAMN choice of your life by joining our very exclusive and prestigious non-club. In other words, your DAMN account on the best DAMN website -- "{SITENAME}" -- has been activated by a DAMN administrator, you may now grace our presence and login. Then get your butt over to the "Announcements and Help" forum and say hello. We want to know what you ride, where you ride, how long you've been riding...every DAMN thing - you can leave out your sex life though.

Oh yea, your DAMN password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be retrieved; that or the DAMN admin is too lazy to help, we haven't decided which yet. In the event that your memory is as short as the admin's, you can reset your DAMN password yourself using the email address associated with your account.

{EMAIL_SIG}
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Ahh, I see said the blind man. Very cool. I think it is appropriate that the responses contain the same attitude that will be incountered within.... :thumbup:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

gots_a_sol wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 3:45 pm I reported something the other day and liked the 'I don't need a DAMN reason' for why I was reporting the post :lol2:
Shit, what did I do now? :shrug:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Why is Skinny-J no longer "buttercup"? :dirtdog:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:21 am Why is Skinny-J no longer "buttercup"? :dirtdog:
I am only Buttercup to you Tulip...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:21 am Why is Skinny-J no longer "buttercup"? :dirtdog:
He paid me ... :chicken kiss:
Ken