I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New DAMN Rider - Eldersburg MD

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
BamBam
DAMN Expert

New DAMN Rider - Eldersburg MD

Post by BamBam »

Trying to get my 16yr old boy interested in riding and less in the computer. I got him a nice XR200. Bought myself a KDX220 to ride with him, and have gone nuts with tuning and restoring the bike. I haven't been dirt riding since an Ossa Phantom GP-III in high school, but I love it (again)!

Hoping you guys can help show us the ropes, because a lot has changed in 35 years and I want him to learn right and really grow to enjoy riding.ImageImage
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: New DAMN Rider - Eldersburg MD

Post by Laoch »

Nice bikes. A couple of us got back into riding because of young'uns. By the time my son was 16 he could ride circles around me.
Come out to the "Reunion" at Mt Ridge. Great riding for all levels. Lots of trails and lots of space.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Howdy new guy!

Yes, like Bruce said, "Come on out to MtRidge w/ us the weekend of the 20th.

The KDX is a great bike. A nice "woods" 2stroke. I hope you also got proper protective gear for you and your son. Most of the places around here to ride are fairly rocky. I totally cringe every time I see people riding w/out MX boots and no elbow/knee pads at minimum.

Btw, nice of you to give your son the opportunity to ride. I hope he takes to it and enjoys it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
rclangelan
DAMN n00b

Post by rclangelan »

Hi BamBam, where in E-burg are you? I'm in Sykesville, near Fair Haven. I just joined this group yesterday. Funny to find someone in my backyard so soon.
Ryan | Sykesville, MD | 2015 CRF250L
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

RC -

I am located off Ridge Road (near the new Mega Walmart). Just getting started riding again. I will try to make it out to the Reunion event next weekend. Hoping for good weather! The last couple weekends sucked.

I tried riding down at Wicomico a few weeks ago, not long after some big rains, and that was a muddy mess! And I am too rusty at riding to blast through mud holes with any confidence.
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wicomico is kinda expensive to me...
But the trails are relatively easy for learning/practicing when its not a muddy/slopfest.

Hope to see you at MtRidge!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200