Noob from winchester va

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Post Reply
Dirtbike59
DAMN n00b
Reactions:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Noob from winchester va

Post by Dirtbike59 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello all. Just joined this forum. Looking to find more local dual sport rider and places to ride. I am currently on a ktm 450xcf plated. Love doing the s500 and going to hatfield but would like to find places closer. Done the cove and Edinburgh. I am setup with GPS so if you have any good maps and are willing to share please. :cheers:

User avatar
Rut Row
DAMN Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 8247
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am

Re: Noob from winchester va

Post by Rut Row » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:10 pm

:welcome:

Granville has another ride coming up shortly. That should be on your must-do list :deal:
Ken
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2018 Mystery Bike; Beta 390? EM Escape? :shrug:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Hard work never killed anyone; but then again, why risk it?

User avatar
beejaytee
DAMN Wanabe
Reactions:
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:56 am

Re: Noob from winchester va

Post by beejaytee » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Talk to skinny j, he seems to have a lot of experience in that department. If you want people to ride with keep me in mind. I love dualsporting and camping. Welcome to the forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 525 exc
I work hard but live better.

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Reactions:
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Noob from winchester va

Post by Bucho » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Check our rides section. We have the Grandville's ride coming up very quickly. That is an invite out to 500+ acres of private property in western Maryland.

A few weeks after that, we have the DAMN Reunion Ride at Mt Ridge PA. Another great place. I'm looking forward to that one. They have cut some really nice single track there.


Not sure if its your thing, but check out our "KAT" ride coming up in the end of June. It will be a 5 day dualsport ride w/ some awesome offroading.

Welcome new guy.
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer

User avatar
MountAiryRiders
DAMN n00b
Reactions:
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Noob from winchester va

Post by MountAiryRiders » Wed May 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Is the DAMN reunion ride at mountain ridge this weekend?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
beejaytee
DAMN Wanabe
Reactions:
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:56 am

Noob from winchester va

Post by beejaytee » Wed May 03, 2017 2:35 pm

MountAiryRiders wrote:Is the DAMN reunion ride at mountain ridge this weekend?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not this weekend. May19-21


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 525 exc
I work hard but live better.

Dirtbike59
DAMN n00b
Reactions:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: Noob from winchester va

Post by Dirtbike59 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:18 am

Bucho wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:44 pm
Check our rides section. We have the Grandville's ride coming up very quickly. That is an invite out to 500+ acres of private property in western Maryland.

A few weeks after that, we have the DAMN Reunion Ride at Mt Ridge PA. Another great place. I'm looking forward to that one. They have cut some really nice single track there.


Not sure if its your thing, but check out our "KAT" ride coming up in the end of June. It will be a 5 day dualsport ride w/ some awesome offroading.

Welcome new guy.
The KAT ride sounds awesome but I will not have enough vaca time built up at with to swing that. I might have to look into the reunion ride a bit more.

User avatar
MountAiryRiders
DAMN n00b
Reactions:
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Noob from winchester va

Post by MountAiryRiders » Thu May 04, 2017 3:20 pm

beejaytee wrote:
MountAiryRiders wrote:Is the DAMN reunion ride at mountain ridge this weekend?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not this weekend. May19-21


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks beejay.... that sucks looks like I'm gonna have some fun this weekend 5th 6th and 7th...

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Reactions:
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Noob from winchester va

Post by Bucho » Thu May 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Dirtbike59 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 11:18 am




The KAT ride sounds awesome but I will not have enough vaca time built up at with to swing that. I might have to look into the reunion ride a bit more.

Mt Ridge is a good place to ride. I dont get out there often but its well worth the drive.
Some of the single track is hard to find, its noce to go w/ some guys who know the way.
Hope to see you
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer

User avatar
juddspaintballs
DAMN Poohba
Reactions:
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am

Re: Noob from winchester va

Post by juddspaintballs » Thu May 04, 2017 7:58 pm

I'm ~30 mins from Winchester. I've found a few good routes that are dirt/gravel.
Jed Gregory
KTM 450 EXC

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests