I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New member in Bristow

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

New member in Bristow

Post by Todd34 »

Hey all,
I a DAMN noob and look forward to meeting some new riding partners. I've been riding with the ADV folks for a while but recently picked up a KTM 500 so I'm looking to hit some trails. Is anyone riding this weekend?

Thanks,
Todd
KTM 500 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: New member in Bristow

Post by Bucho »

Hi new guy.
A couple of us are riding up in PA tomorrow, you need a RAC permit. (Reading anthracite coal)

Some guys are going to the MotoCove next weekend to ride (Gore VA)

What is your past experience w/ bikes? Im assuming the KTM isnt your first dirtbike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Todd34 »

Hey Bucho,
I saw the thread about motocove next weekend and that sounds like a good time. I've also been following some of the RAC threads. I'm not sure I'd make it up there enough to make buying a permit worthwhile.

No, the 500 isn't my first dirtbike. I had a 450 in SoCal and rode a lot out in the desert. I had a 300 after that and rode enduros in NJ for a while. Then I moved to Dakar and rode my 690 around there for a couple of years. The 690 was great over there but it's time to ride more single track. I haven't been out to Taskers yet but that sounds like a good time.

Todd
KTM 500 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Oh cool.
I wasnt sure if you were one of the ADVguys who is basically a street rider (not that there is anything wrong with that). Gets the dualsport bug and buys a small dirtbike "its just a 500cc bike right?"

I understand not wanting to jump in with a RAC permit. It is still new to me as well.

Hope to see you out and about at some point.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
rurumonster
DAMN Wanabe

Post by rurumonster »

Todd34 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:51 pm Hey Bucho,
I saw the thread about motocove next weekend and that sounds like a good time. I've also been following some of the RAC threads. I'm not sure I'd make it up there enough to make buying a permit worthwhile.

No, the 500 isn't my first dirtbike. I had a 450 in SoCal and rode a lot out in the desert. I had a 300 after that and rode enduros in NJ for a while. Then I moved to Dakar and rode my 690 around there for a couple of years. The 690 was great over there but it's time to ride more single track. I haven't been out to Taskers yet but that sounds like a good time.

Todd
This guy sounds like he has some good stories. Welcome dude.
Husqvarna TE 300
KTM SMR
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Todd34 »

Thanks for the welcome. I'm planning a couple weeks of riding in Colorado and that's one of the reasons I went with the 500. How do you like that 501?

Todd
KTM 500 EXC
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

A couple weeks riding in Colorado.....you are my hero.
Welcome to the forum.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
rurumonster
DAMN Wanabe

Post by rurumonster »

Todd34 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 am Thanks for the welcome. I'm planning a couple weeks of riding in Colorado and that's one of the reasons I went with the 500. How do you like that 501?

Todd
Love it a lot, really only got it over the 500 because I found a really good deal. I dont think I'm a good enough rider to have an opinion on the difference between the two. I just bought a new TE300 that's unbelievably though, I love the thing. Particularly with street wheels.
Husqvarna TE 300
KTM SMR
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Todd34 »

I honestly think the 300's are the best dirtbikes. I would have bought one instead of the 500 but I want to dualsport a bit and also like fuel injection.

Todd
KTM 500 EXC
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I don't think I'll go back to carbs on a street bike but I'm not sold on having it on a dirtbike. KISS and all that.