I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Member : tommom ( Marjorie)

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
tommom
DAMN n00b

New Member : tommom ( Marjorie)

Post by tommom »

Hi! all -- Just joined this aft. I have a F800GS (2011) - Bought her used - Have put 17,000 miles on her in 2 years, probably only about 250 in dirt and most of that was out west. I used to drop her a lot, but had her lowered, now I only drop her a little. But hey, that's what crash bars are for. I most likely won't be out until Spring. I can and will ride in the rain, but am a wuss with cold weather riding - have done my share - not fun. Haven't made the investment in heated gear yet.
I'm still figuring out how this forum thing works but am excited to start playing. Thanks for the chance.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: New Member : tommom ( Marjorie)

Post by Rut Row »

:welcome:

You should consider the big bike routes at the Dirty Dabbers, Shenandoah 500 and Hammer Run. Keep an eye on the forums when it warms up and us woosies get out. :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Welcome! As someone who's had heated gear for about 20 years I will say that it is unbelievably awesome. I think I'm on my 3rd set now. Also awesome.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Howdy New Guy (or Gal), welcome!

The "little" GS seems like a nice bike. I don't blame you for not taking it too far off pavement. I'm sure that thing is really heavy to pick up.
While most of our rides are the more offroady type of dualsport we do have some big bike adventure rides coming up.
When the weather gets warmer for you, I'm always happy to play tour guide on some of Frederick County's finest dirt roads.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
tommom
DAMN n00b

Post by tommom »

Thanks all for the welcome!!!! :cheers:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Welcome! I have to agree that heated gear is worth every penny, even if they take a lot more pennies to buy than I'd like. I can ride comfortably down into the thirties and even lower.

Patrick

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
tommom
DAMN n00b

Post by tommom »

Planning on pulling the trigger on heated gear this year, but will probably wait for winter clearance sales. Appreciate the welcome and the input.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

I rode with the ever ingenious and Dr. Dave Johnson last winter. He made his own heated jacket with an old windbreaker some wire, a resistor and a battery holder, purchased from radio shack. I’m pretty sure if I tried to make my own jacket heater, I would catch myself on fire.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
tommom
DAMN n00b

Post by tommom »

Granville wrote:I rode with the ever ingenious and Dr. Dave Johnson last winter. He made his own heated jacket with an old windbreaker some wire, a resistor and a battery holder, purchased from radio shack. I’m pretty sure if I tried to make my own jacket heater, I would catch myself on fire.

I know I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk