I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Best Dual Sport GPS

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Re: Best Dual Sport GPS

Post by Glenduro »

Thanks for the heads up Kev!
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Anyone have updates for this thread. Im back to looking for a stand-alone GPS, I was thinking about the Garmin 590 ? thoughts?
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Glenduro wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:55 pm Anyone have updates for this thread. Im back to looking for a stand-alone GPS, I was thinking about the Garmin 590 ? thoughts?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4638
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Here we go again. I currently use a Montana 600. I love it and I know how to use it. I picked it up used a few years ago. The power button cover has failed; fixed with pencil eraser and tape.
I’m looking at upgrading. Looks like the 680t is available.

Questions….will it fit in and can I use the 600 amp mount? I’m assuming the interface and display are similar?
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Marylander wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:27 pm I dunno but there's a guy in sterling with a nuvi 500 for what seems to be a pretty good price:
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f27/[ ... ble-86779/
Last I checked, a nuvi will not do tracks.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:50 pm Here we go again. I currently use a Montana 600. I love it and I know how to use it. I picked it up used a few years ago. The power button cover has failed; fixed with pencil eraser and tape.
I’m looking at upgrading. Looks like the 680t is available.

Questions….will it fit in and can I use the 600 amp mount? I’m assuming the interface and display are similar?
Bruce, I have a 680t if you want to try it. Not sure on the mount, I think they are different as they have different part numbers from Garmin when I looked them up.
Lots of cool bikes---
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Twist wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:19 am Last I checked, a nuvi will not do tracks.
My post was 5 years ago. ;)
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Marylander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:58 pm
Twist wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:19 am Last I checked, a nuvi will not do tracks.
My post was 5 years ago. ;)
Doh! Sorry about that. I just wanted to make sure no one went down that rabbit hole of trying to make a nuvi work for our kind of riding.

If I didn't already have a Zumo/BMW Nav VI GPS, I'd been trying to just stick with the great phone apps that are out there now. Great background maps, and POI details available and the app I use, MapOut, makes it very easy to import tracks.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
GSSteve
DAMN n00b

Post by GSSteve »

I've been using the Garmin 276cx, it has a large screen and buttons instead of touch screen. It's a new version of the old school chart ploter units

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/539722/pn/010-01607-05