I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Group Member

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

New Group Member

Post by Glenduro »

Hello Everyone,

Looks like a great forum and I look forward to riding with everyone. Speaking of riding, is anyone planning anything for this weekend? Its supposed to be near 50 degrees? I know Taskers is still open for two more weeks although its probably low 40s in that area.

Let me know if anyone is down for riding some dual sport? I just picked up a XR650L Im looking forward to breaking in :)

Glenduro
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: New Group Member

Post by Rut Row »

:welcome:

I'm sure somebody will be riding given the weather forecast. Tell us more about yourself? How long have you been riding, are you into to dual-sport rides, etc.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Hey Glenduro,

Welcome.

You will like the BRP, its a great dual sport machine and can be set up to be more street or more dirt oriented depending on your preference. It can be a little heavy when you get in the real nasty stuff but if you twist the throttle and can hang on, it will climb anything and go anywhere. Now that I have some lighter dirt bikes I don't ride mine as much as I used to, but oh the places we have gone and the things we have done; I will never get rid of it....

Hope to meet you on a ride this year.

SJ
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Hi Kyler,

Ive been riding for nearly 30 years now :0 (Time flies) Started young and in the dirt and transitioned to street in my late teens until early 30's. Took a few years off evaluating risk vs reward and decided give enduro/dual sport a chance. I bought a TW200 to evaluate my commitment, fell in love and signed up with AMA and ECEA and began attending hare scramblers and dual sport events. My last event was the RORR dual sport ride. This year I plan to ride the ECEA enduro circuit and picked up a CRF450X for rides with no plates and an XR650L for plate rides. Ive been riding solo, meeting people whenever I ride on trails and at events I attend and thought it would be good to get involved with a local club. I liked your forum and participation and thought this would be a good place to get involved.

Aside from the circuit riding I prefer to stay on trails, dirt roads, back roads and on off the beaten path. I dream of long overland trips, Trans Am Trail, motorcycle camping trips, South American adventures and having a good group of like mined riders to enjoy it with.

Going back to the taking a few years off, it reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw the other day. " I tried a diet for 30 days and lost 30 days" same goes for riding.

Glenduro
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Skinny-J wrote:Hey Glenduro,

Welcome.

You will like the BRP, its a great dual sport machine and can be set up to be more street or more dirt oriented depending on your preference. It can be a little heavy when you get in the real nasty stuff but if you twist the throttle and can hang on, it will climb anything and go anywhere. Now that I have some lighter dirt bikes I don't ride mine as much as I used to, but oh the places we have gone and the things we have done; I will never get rid of it....

Hope to meet you on a ride this year.

SJ

Thanks SJ,

Its great to hear others with BRP experience and thanks for the encouragement. I've heard it can be overwhelming to license the CRF so I got the BRP for the plated rides and dual sport riding.

See you on the trail,

Glenduro
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Howdy new guy. I have Suzuki's big 650, pretty similar to your BRP. The big 650 thumpers are great. Like SkinnyJ I now have a lighter offroad bike, but still have my 650. We have ridden our 650's through some gnarly stuff, and they are still pretty fun to ride around as a backroad blaster.
SkinnyJ led an awesome 4 day dualsport ride this past September. Half the group had either Suzuki or Honda 650s. High speed twisty pavement, dirt roads, muddy gnarly offroad, they did it all well.

I live in the Frederick area, I take mine on some dualsport/backroad rides sometimes.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Bucho wrote:Howdy new guy. I have Suzuki's big 650, pretty similar to your BRP. The big 650 thumpers are great. Like SkinnyJ I now have a lighter offroad bike, but still have my 650. We have ridden our 650's through some gnarly stuff, and they are still pretty fun to ride around as a backroad blaster.
SkinnyJ led an awesome 4 day dualsport ride this past September. Half the group had either Suzuki or Honda 650s. High speed twisty pavement, dirt roads, muddy gnarly offroad, they did it all well.

I live in the Frederick area, I take mine on some dualsport/backroad rides sometimes.

Hi Bucho,
Sounds like a blast!! Im looking forward to the next one.
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Welcome guy,
The only bike I ever regret selling was my 750l but it stayed in the DAMN family to a good recipient so I am kinda ok now.

Enjoy the crowd. They are a great bunch of people.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

http://www.patrailriders.org/

Take a minute and check out PaTRA website.
The 7 mountains ramble is a 80 mile route of trail, abandoned roads, driveable trails and general forest roads. Once in Bald Eagle SF you will find endless dirt roads that will connect thru other state forests that will run you all the way into NY.
For a nice ride with the 450 you can spend a day at Shade Mountain (no plate needed).
Where do you live, that helps to point you in the direction of the closest riding.
Welcome to the DAMN family
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Thanks Bonehead and Boom Boom,

I live in Catonsville, Md.
I'll check out the link you sent for the PA trail rides. Sounds like a lot of great riding!!
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L