I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New rider in Lexington Park area.

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
opey521
DAMN n00b

New rider in Lexington Park area.

Post by opey521 »

Greetings.

Just moved to the area on orders to work at NAS PAX river and I was looking for some riding areas nearby. I have a street legal XR650L. My movers said that they have ridden some power lines, but Im not sure about the legality of it all. Any advice would be awesome.

-Ryan
2008 XR650L

Pegs, Tank, Man racks, LED turn signals, Vapor, Bar risers, Motard kit on the side.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: New rider in Lexington Park area.

Post by Bucho »

Is that southern MD?

I have no clue, sorry. I dont know if we have any guys on the DAMN board from southern md. Im sure there are at least a few semi legal places to ride if you know the locals. Legal places to trail ride right near your house are few and far between in greater dc/baltimore area. I wish you luck in finding them.
You are going to have an extra hour+ drive to most of the places we go to ride but feel to come along.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

opey521 wrote:Greetings.

Just moved to the area on orders to work at NAS PAX river and I was looking for some riding areas nearby. I have a street legal XR650L. My movers said that they have ridden some power lines, but Im not sure about the legality of it all. Any advice would be awesome.

-Ryan
There really is no public riding in southern MD (yet). Budds Creek is the big one. Where they hold the enduro (forgot the name) is another.

Join the Southern MD Dirt Riders club and they'll show you around.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Welcome, also there are a couple southern Maryland threads/groups on ADV you might want to check out:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773184

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531520

Also, I talked to the NAS PAX commander for you and he said you had free rein to tear around the airfields and set up a track :brows:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I've got some riding areas listed here: http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f85/o ... nks-77682/

Wicomico and Budds Creek are likely to be closest. Also, you might check out SMDR under clubs.
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Wicomico Motorsports Park is off Budds Creek Rd near Trinity Church Rd. They have 3 tracks (pee wee, intermediate, and advanced) and a 6-7 mile hare scramble loop. I'm sure your 650 would be fine in the woods, it's not tight single track. It's a bit expensive to pay $45 per day just for a small woods loop, but it is close!

Budds Creek is MX only. I don't think there is any other legal riding down there.

You may want to befriend some local farmers. They own the majority of the land.

Also just over the bridge in King George Va is place called Eagle Bay. It's a club you join but you can ride almost anytime.
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Scubatoe
DAMN n00b

Post by Scubatoe »

opey521 wrote:Greetings.

-Ryan
You find anyone else down here?

Moved here in April, also flying out at Pax.

Have a plated KTM 350, and Gas Gas trials bike.