I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Rider - Baltimore

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
BmoreRando
DAMN n00b

New Rider - Baltimore

Post by BmoreRando »

Hey All,

I'm a pretty new rider. Been motorcycling for a little over a year. I've lived in Baltimore for about 7 years, but I'm from Hagerstown. Wondering if anyone has any advice for someone new to dual sporting, books/videos to check out or easy trails to start on in the greater Maryland area. I ride a DR650.

-Randy
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Re: New Rider - Baltimore

Post by frogman1981 »

Welcome! I'm in parkville. My advice is to get some seat time. You have a year already so you're on your way. I know some easy spots in the area. :whoop:
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Welcome.
I'm from Parkville also. I have a DRZ400s(not tagged) and a VTX1300c. Enjoy the ride and keep the rubber side down.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hi new guy. The DR650 is a good dualsport bike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Randy,

Come join us at the Michaux Dual Sport. The "official" registration dead line has passed but I am willing to bet they will still take you money this week since the event is still 2 weeks out. Have you ever heard of "Trial by Fire"? Sometimes the best way to learn is to just challenge your self. The main course at this DS is very doable on a DR 650 with some decent knobbies and you will have some riding buddies there to help you through it.

Just do it! :thumbup:

SJ
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote:Randy,

The main course at this DS is very doable on a DR 650 with some decent knobbies and you will have some riding buddies there to help you through it.

Just do it! :thumbup:

SJ
Dont forget about a decent skid plate. Its cheap insurance.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Yakmike
DAMN n00b

Post by Yakmike »

I just joined this DAMN group this week. Live in Glen Arm which is between Towson and Belair. Did a lot of MC when I was younger and much dumber but now want to get back to some riding. Ride a DR650 and would welcome any info on when or where some guys are getting together. Mike
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Welcome Randy. Another parkville guy here. I ride up in your area alot. Ride through lock raven alot. Klr 650 rider. If your out and about on joppa rd stop by and say hi i work at the Advance auto parts store near home depot.My bike sits out front when im working Dave.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.