I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD Registration Help

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

MD Registration Help

Post by Boneyard »

I'm new to MD and need to register and plate my dirtbike for enduro's etc. I have a registration for Rhode Island to transfer but I wasn't sure how MD was with dirtbikes....it's a little sketchy in RI. Any info and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Re: MD Registration Help

Post by frogman1981 »

You need a safety inspection done (lights, chain guards odometer ect). You also need a motorcycle title, if it says off road only it's no good.
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

Thank you for the response. My title is good but my odometer is a Watchdog computer. It shows the normal speed, miles, etc. so hopefully its good. Do tires need to be DOT and does the brake light have to work when you press the brake (i have a light on back but don't have the brake hookup)?

Also, what should I expect for cost?

Thanks
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boneyard wrote:Thank you for the response. My title is good but my odometer is a Watchdog computer. It shows the normal speed, miles, etc. so hopefully its good. Do tires need to be DOT and does the brake light have to work when you press the brake (i have a light on back but don't have the brake hookup)?

Also, what should I expect for cost?

Thanks
yes, everything has to work. The odo can't be resettable meaning you can't change total mileage.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

Thanks.....What does everyone use then for an ODO? I think even the stock KTM ODO can be reset. Do I need turn signals?
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Here's what I bought to pass. Stainless steel Mini Speedometer for $49.00.
http://www.twiggcycles.com/Drag-Special ... &ez=&pos=2
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boneyard wrote: Any info and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
You should have moved to PA :deal:

:lol2:
Bruce
yzedf
DAMN n00b

Post by yzedf »

Boneyard wrote:Thanks.....What does everyone use then for an ODO? I think even the stock KTM ODO can be reset. Do I need turn signals?
Yes you need turn signals. My inspection (last week) cost $65. Yes turn signals, horn, mirrors etc. You also need a license plate light. I was told free re-inspection within 30 days of failed inspection. Mine failed the license plate light was out, I rode it home fixed the connector under the seat that failed, rode it back same day, he checked that it worked and gave me the forms to take to the tag and title store down the road to get my sticker from (I was running temp reg).

Edit: I showed the guy the odometer, he questioned the low mileage, I answered and he moved on to the next thing on his checklist.
Chris KTM 500EXC Honda CR250R
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Boneyard wrote:Thanks.....What does everyone use then for an ODO? I think even the stock KTM ODO can be reset. Do I need turn signals?
My KTM passed inspection because they didn't know it could be reset. But actually, I think there is a mode that is cumulative that cannot be reset.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

I appreciate all of the suggestions but I am struggling to see how I will be able to get my 2011 KTM 280 XCFW registered in MD...getting a little worried as I wanted to race the ECEA Enduro's and do some Turkey Runs.

From what I heard I would need to add a brake light switch, turn signals, license plate lights, chain guards, ODO, etc.......Do all off road riders in MD actually add all this stuff to get a registration? Are there any other options...besides moving to PA?