I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New rider (and son) - Baltimore Area

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

New rider (and son) - Baltimore Area

Post by Boneyard »

Hey all!

My Name is Shawn Herrin and I just relocated to Baltimore (Severna Park to be exact) from Rhode Island and would love to find riding opportunities here. I'm 42 and also have an 11yr old son that rides. I raced some Enduro's and Hare Scrambles with the New England Trail Riders (NETRA) and my son raced pee wee scrambles. I also will visit the mx track and enjoy Turkey runs.

I'm on a KTM 280 XCFW and my son rides a KTM 65sx....I also have a Montessa Trials bike as well as a Suzuki Twin Peaks quad and a 1978 Yamaha IT 175.....I love any riding but definitely prefer 2 vs. 4 wheels. :whoop:

I would welcome meeting fellow riders in the area!

Thanks,
Shawn
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: New rider (and son) - Baltimore Area

Post by bonehead »

Welcome and I look forward to riding together
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Welcome !
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Howdy and welcome to the DAMN site.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

Welcome. I'm in the Baltimore area too. Lock your bikes well. Bike thieves are very common around here.
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

Thanks for the tip....they are currently in storage until we move into our house. I would love to ride sometime if you don't mind a newcomer (not new to riding just the area).
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Welcome.
What Montesa do you have?
Lots of MAVT action close to you and D-6 trials in central Pa for modern trials. Our club event is August 4th located in Marysville Pa (close to Harrisburg) Check out D-6 trials for info or PM me.
Watch for ride events posted here on DAMN, plenty of off road events you and your son can attend.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

Thank you for the welcome's.....I look forward to meeting some of you on the trails.

Boom Boom,

I have a 1998 Montesa Cota 250...barely ridden believe it or not. I'm new to trials but would love to get into it more. Thanks for the info and I will PM you.