I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

$10,000 REWARD - 3 STOLEN BIKES

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: $10,000 REWARD - 3 STOLEN BIKES

Post by motojunky »

Unbelievable. I can't believe the increase in bike thefts lately. Where are they all going? I would guess that a certain percentage end up in Baltimore, but I don't see them being interested in trials bikes.

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

I have a fairly decent lock setup and a big dog who goes apeshit when a mouse farts in the yard... I am feeling like that's not enough and it's time to step up security.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
JMK015
DAMN n00b

Post by JMK015 »

Sorry to hear this!

I'm surprised it was in Braddock Heights, that seems like a nice neighborhood...

Did they break in? Or were the bikes sitting out overnight?

I hope you get them back, I'll keep my eyes peeled for those bikes around Middletown.
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

I'm also sorry to hear, Can you post up pics, I'll carry with me to keep a look out.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

motojunky wrote:Unbelievable. I can't believe the increase in bike thefts lately. Where are they all going? I would guess that a certain percentage end up in Baltimore, but I don't see them being interested in trials bikes.

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

I have a fairly decent lock setup and a big dog who goes apeshit when a mouse farts in the yard... I am feeling like that's not enough and it's time to step up security.
2 of the 3 bikes I had stolen were trials bikes. Anything dirt/off road is what they want. They didn't touch my motard or street bike, only the dirt bikes.

I think I read where Sam had the bikes on a trailer and they were taken from there in his yard, I could be wrong. Same thing happened to Joe from WATR. He got home late, left his bike loaded on the back of the motorhome/trailer and woke up and the bike was gone.
Lots of cool bikes---
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Firebolter wrote:
2 of the 3 bikes I had stolen were trials bikes. Anything dirt/off road is what they want. They didn't touch my motard or street bike, only the dirt bikes.

I think I read where Sam had the bikes on a trailer and they were taken from there in his yard, I could be wrong. Same thing happened to Joe from WATR. He got home late, left his bike loaded on the back of the motorhome/trailer and woke up and the bike was gone.
Do you think the bikes stay local? Do they just ride 'em 'til they break and then leave them? Break them up for parts and sell them? I guess I'm curious if they're being stolen by young thugs looking for a quick thrill or by experienced riders who would know the bikes well enough to part them out.

I used to leave my bike loaded the night before if I was leaving early for a trip. That stopped a few years ago when I started hearing more and more about thefts. The whole thing is infuriating.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

I'm sorry to hear this I will keep an eye out up here in Washington co.
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

That stinks Sam, and I will keep an eye out also but doubt I'll see them down my way.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Hey Bucho! How about instead of a bait car, maybe a bait bike!!! :roost:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Bork wrote:Hey Bucho! How about instead of a bait car, maybe a bait bike!!! :roost:
Man would it feel nice to catch some dirtbag in the act...

I'm going to spread the word anyway. If it's an issue, let me know and I'll delete/edit the other posts. Good luck!

edit: I hadn't seen this, but it was posted up on dcsportbikes:

BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

If I have to leave it on the trailer, I cover it with a shitty stained tarp. And use an On-Guard lock to the trailer. And I lock the trailer to the ball and the tongue to the truck with locks. FWIW.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T