I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

NEW MEMBER - Frederick MD

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: NEW MEMBER - Frederick MD

Post by Skinny-J »

hollywood wrote:ah i get what your saying yeah im not up on all descriptions and terms. I had to look up OHV LOL
Granville sounds fun but reading the description about being experienced single track. I like that stuff not sure how well i can ride it yet. THere is a trail off the parking lot at Kitzmiller on the other side from the gate that seemed technical i did okay on that. I also wear Prescription sports glasses not goggles.
If you have DH bike skillz, Bucho is right, you already have a great head start. I do a lot of cross-country MB-ing and I think the balance, line selection and basic confidence required over laps for both. And I think what Granville is trying to say is don't buy a new to you CR500 and show up in jeans and a T-shirt and expect to survive. You just need to have the right attitude about saftey, so long as you take it seriously, you will be fine. If you do come, look me up and I will be glad to take you around and help you through the few tough spots.

SJ
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote:[ If you do come, look me up and I will be glad to take you around and help you through the few tough spots.

SJ

Same here. I'll already be bringing a friend who has never been there before, so I will already be doing that. One or more along wont make any difference.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:If you have DH bike skillz, Bucho is right, you already have a great head start.
no pressure but BeckyB is a MB'r and she jumped right in and started on stuff that most would wait for. You have more skills than you think.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

Thanks eveyone I should be able to make it and give it shot. I kind of figured thats what was coming across but hearing it from others makes me feel better. Its kind of the same way with the description of DH trails so i can relate
2017 YZ250FX
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Concerning prescription glasses, I always wear goggles by Scott. OTG model.(Over The Glasses) The reason I like them is, they have just an extra little more room, in them to put over glasses. I dont wear glasses yet, for distance, but the extra room, keeps the fog off lense better, if conditions arise. :thumbup:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

"C" rider or better means you have the riding ability and gear to complete an AMA sanctioned event. Such as a hare-scramble or enduro. Proper riding gear is a must. A good bike with some barkbusters and some nobs on the tires would be most advised. Welcome :ride:
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Plus, you must have enough humility to be ok with practicing your bouncing skills
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!