I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wtf Husqvarna being sold to KTM?

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Wtf Husqvarna being sold to KTM?

Post by hondahawkrider »

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... -for-sale/

High-placed motorcycle industry sources have tipped MCN off that BMW is negotiating the sale of Husqvarna to Austrian firm KTM with an announcement expected as early as the end of this week to officially confirm it.

German giant BMW bought Husqvarna from MV Agusta in 2008; just as the world entered a financial crisis but has ploughed huge sums of money into the firm which is based in northern Italy with new road bikes like the Nuda 900 and a complete reworking of the off-road range too.

BMW has not just revamped the range of road and off-road bikes but it has completely renovated the production lines, built a brand new racing and research and development arm along with transferring lots of BMW staff from Munich to Italy to work on the brand.

Now it appears BMW is in the final process of selling Husqvarna to KTM; itself owned by the massive Indian firm Bajaj. One source who didn’t want to be named said: “I do not know if this is a signed deal yet but I understand the final parts of the negotiations are happening now.”

The rumours have reached MCN from multiple sources with some even claiming the deal is going to be announced later this week. Sources in Austria, Germany and Italy are all in broad agreement this is happening.

BMW traditionally refuses to comment on speculation of any kind and this is the same in this case with no response to questions. Husqvarna and KTM are also saying nothing at this stage.

MCN will update this story as soon as there is anything to add.
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Re: Wtf Husqvarna being sold to KTM?

Post by Junior »

I wonder if its good or bad? I like my husky, so as long as i can get parts i`m fine with it. Its not like KTMs are bad bikes :shrug:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I wonder how long before we see them all rebranded as Royal Enfields ... :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Junior wrote:I wonder if its good or bad? I like my husky, so as long as i can get parts i`m fine with it. Its not like KTMs are bad bikes :shrug:
I can not possibly see this as a "good" thing. Taking two of the most inovative manufacturers and holding them under common ownership; you know the combined R & D budgets are going to be less than they were if they were seperate. Just imagine if GM and Chrysler were owned by the same owner; err government; err union; no wait....
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sure am glad I am not a Husky dealer.
How many ownership turnovers in recent history?
The winner in this is companies like Gas Gas, Beta and Sherco.
They are building quality products and growing dealers while doing a good job on support. Building a very loyal customer base.
This could be along the lines of why Honda purchased Montesa years ago, seemed like a stupid move till you figure out that now Honda can produce products in Spain for Spanish market and not get slapped with import fees.
Husky is produced in Italy, could give KTM products and nice $$$ advantage over others that will have to pay import fees for that market.
Guess KTM better start making scooters for that is all you see.
I wish them sucess.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

I don't see this as a good thing but hoping for the best since I have two Husky's. It seems all the small manufacture's are being bought up buy the big guys and then they shut'em down.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

It's especially interesting to me, given the Husqvarna/Husaberg/KTM history. Seems a little bit "full circle" at least where the four strokes are concerned.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap