I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Look for the DAMN Site

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: New Look for the DAMN Site

Post by phoo »

While moving/removing the JT banner ad, can you place the bar with "User Control Panel" on it directly on top of the bar with the forum name (in this case "Board index » DAMN Stuff »..." and put the text links "View Unanswered Posts..." on top of that?

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote:While moving/removing the JT banner ad, can you place the bar with "User Control Panel" on it directly on top of the bar with the forum name (in this case "Board index » DAMN Stuff »..." and put the text links "View Unanswered Posts..." on top of that?

Thanks,

~Patrick
well... well see. I'll give it a try.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Not wild about the two big rectangles at top :shrug:
Was there always a log in at the bottom?

Dual Sport should be Dual-sport :shrug:
Other than that :thumbup:

Are you doing this Ken or the other big lug :lol2:

:peep:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I have no artistic talent. I merely hack code.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote:While moving/removing the JT banner ad, can you place the bar with "User Control Panel" on it directly on top of the bar with the forum name (in this case "Board index » DAMN Stuff »..." and put the text links "View Unanswered Posts..." on top of that?

Thanks,

~Patrick
go to the control panel, select preferences and try subMUD4
Ken
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Just my $.02

I hope JT's sponsorship has increased 4 fold since the size of the bannner has....

My only comment is that it is much harder to hit the "view active Topics" botton on my phone now that the banner stetches all the way accross

Then again I hate change....
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:Just my $.02

I hope JT's sponsorship has increased 4 fold since the size of the bannner has....

My only comment is that it is much harder to hit the "view active Topics" botton on my phone now that the banner stetches all the way accross

Then again I hate change....
we aren't done yet - JTs banner is being reduced.
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

the JT's banner is now 1/2 height.

I have two templates that you can select from your control panel. subMUD3 is the old style with the new graphics. subMUD4 is the new graphics with the "Phoo" mods to compress the page a bit.

What do you think? Anything else need changing?
Ken
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'm with Skinny-J... I hope JT's is giving you a lot of sponsorship and/or a huge discount to members. That banner ad is HUGE.

Overall, I like the new graphic. But I'm not sure I'm a fan of the red.

This is what I was thinking regarding the navigation banners at the top to clean up the site and get more real estate back (note this was a quick and sloppy mockup. There should be no space between the banners.) --
banners.jpg

Thanks,

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Oh, yes. subMUD4 does do the compression of the stuff at the top I was talking about. The layout is good. But the graphic doesn't stack well. There is a harsh line between the two rows of items in the list. If you can do that but with a graphic that gets rid of the line, it'll be perfect imo.

Thanks,

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200