I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN New Guy---Germantown Area

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: DAMN New Guy---Germantown Area

Post by Boom Boom »

cwbashaw wrote:Hi everyone my name is Chris.

I live in Germantown and I'm new to dual sport riding but have been riding motorcycle trials for 3 years, and bicycle trials for over 10.
I ride a 91 Suzuki DR350 dirt model that's been converted to street, and I ride a 96 Fantic section 250 for trials riding.
Ahh, more trials riders.... :thumbup:
96, that should be one of the last years Fantic imported. I think mine was a 95 (all black in color).
Great bikes, super light for that era of trials.
Gotta love a bike you have to kick forward to start.
I had a 307 then 309 and my last Fantic was the section.
Post up a picture so these guys can see how sharp a bike the section is.

Bicycle trials rider, you have my respect :bow:
I am far too fat and lazy for anything without an engine. :knary:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
cwbashaw
DAMN Wanabe

Post by cwbashaw »

The Fantic has been a great bike it's a little heavier than the new bikes but it still keeps up fine for my level of riding.
I'll have to take some pics of it once i clean it up a little but here's a pic from the MAVT comp in Ijamsville last year

2015 dr650
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

Cool bike. I'm just south of you in Derwood. We'll have to meet up for a ride sometime when it gets warmer.
cwbashaw
DAMN Wanabe

Post by cwbashaw »

pschuler wrote:Cool bike. I'm just south of you in Derwood. We'll have to meet up for a ride sometime when it gets warmer.
If the weather isn't too bad I may try a short ride tomorrow morning before the DC motorcycle show.
2015 dr650
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

Wish I could. I just noticed a drip of coolant on my skid plate so I need to investigate that tomorrow. I'll be hungry to ride sometime next week if its above freezing. I've got Dunlop 606's arriving on Monday.
cwbashaw
DAMN Wanabe

Post by cwbashaw »

Sounds good let me know whenever you want to ride. I'll ride even if it's really cold. It's supposed to get in the low 40's this week so it shouldn't be too bad.
2015 dr650