I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Old guy, new here

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Old guy, new here

Post by TyMarp »

Hey. I've been trying to break in since last Saturdays ride, finally made it.

I'd like to send a special thanks to the guys for allowing me to ride along, especially Mike. I'm lucky enough to live out here in Western Md. I'm looking forward to many more rides.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Old guy, new here

Post by Rut Row »

TyMarp wrote:I'd like to send a special thanks to the guys for allowing me to ride along, especially Mike. I'm lucky enough to live out here in Western Md. I'm looking forward to many more rides.
sheesh... if you ride with Mike your lucky to be alive! :poser:

Welcome! We are glad to have you!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

I'm glad no one checked my backpack. I did have my guard rail repair kit.
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

TyMarp,

I think I met you last year while riding with Mike? You were on the black DRZ right? Anyways, welcome aboard.
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

Yea Bob, that was me. I'm going to ride with ol Mike again tonight. We're scoping out a new unmaintained road in New Germany. We're always trying to find new stuff for out-of-towners to come play on. :thumbup:
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

TyMarp wrote:Hey. I've been trying to break in since last Saturdays ride, finally made it.

I'd like to send a special thanks to the guys for allowing me to ride along, especially Mike. I'm lucky enough to live out here in Western Md. I'm looking forward to many more rides.
They generally don't "allow", so much as "insist". All kinds of different rides and fun to be had. Welcome!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

"unmaintained", sounds pretty good
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

Mike and I did it tonight. It's only 1.2 miles. But it's a nice little break in the middle of a ride. We also did Poplar Lick ORV trail. It has seven water crossings. That was fun too. Mike said there's someone on here that loves water crossings. I'm hopin there's gonna be a Western Md ride soon. :ride:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

TyMarp wrote:Mike and I did it tonight. It's only 1.2 miles. But it's a nice little break in the middle of a ride. We also did Poplar Lick ORV trail. It has seven water crossings. That was fun too. Mike said there's someone on here that loves water crossings. I'm hopin there's gonna be a Western Md ride soon. :ride:
Tonight was one of those perfect nights to ride. I doesn't hurt that the Savage River area is so beautiful. Ken would have been in water crossing heaven on the Poplar Lick ORV.

Tim- thanks for showing me some great roads this evening. I am revved up for more! :rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

TyMarp wrote:Mike and I did it tonight. It's only 1.2 miles. But it's a nice little break in the middle of a ride. We also did Poplar Lick ORV trail. It has seven water crossings. That was fun too. Mike said there's someone on here that loves water crossings. I'm hopin there's gonna be a Western Md ride soon. :ride:
Did someone say water crossings? :brows:

I'm still waiting for the Western Maryland Sink or Swim trip. :bandit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris