I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible NOW AVAILABLE

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Roadracer_Al

Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible NOW AVAILABLE

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Hey there, DAMNed Riders!

I just want to let you know that the book entitled "Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible" by Paul Thede and Lee Parks, and illustrations by yours truly, is now available in fine book stores everywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Techs-Motorcycle- ... 249&sr=8-1

I worked with Paul & Lee for 3 years and contributed 140 illustrations to the book. So far, people who have received advance copies have given it very positive reviews, some specifically citing the illustrations.

If you'd like a personally inscribed copy, it's $30 + $5 s&h to the USA. My contact information is available on my website: http://www.levelfive.com/. Kyler is already on the hook for one.

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible NOW AVAILABLE

Post by Rut Row »

ya buddy! Can't wait to get it!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Yep. This book has 250 pages, and even though I'm probably biased, IMHO, there is something useful on every page. Anyone with a bike can learn something about the suspension from this book.
klrider
DAMN n00b

Post by klrider »

You're the illustrator! Wow, great work there, AL! Kudos to all involved in making this excellent book. :thumbup:

Now if I could just understand all the great stuff in this book......
Pat
COG 1887 AMA Life
'11 Tiger 800XC, '11 Multistrada 1200S Touring,
DRZ400SM K9, SR500G, 05 Ruckus
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Thanks!!

It was a lot of work, a lot of time, and worth every second.

If you have questions about any of the theory stuff, post them and I'll see what I can do to help clarify it.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Very cool.
Now, when is that "Motorcycle Suspension for Dummies" due out?
Bruce
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Paul wrote the book with suspension noobs in mind -- he very slowly ramps up the theory. There is virtually no higher math - if you can add & subtract, multiply & divide, you can comprehend all the math in this book.
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

Bringing up an old topic, but I finally got this book. HOLY SHIT is it nice. I've learned more about moto suspension in 2 weeks than I have in the past 15 years. Awesome job and a must have for any DIY rider.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I just finished reading this and made some Mods based on the books info. Good read.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!