I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Help finding gear

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
AVB_82

Help finding gear

Post by AVB_82 »

Any suggestions for good places to buy riding protection and gear for women in the general area?

I'd like to try some of the stuff on so I'd rather not order online, but I've called 5 places that I know of and only one has any chest protectors, and it's about an hour and a half away from me. I'd rather not go that far if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance!
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Help finding gear

Post by mdubya »

Try Battley's or RAM. Battley's is in the MoCo Airpark, RAM is in Old Town Gaithersburg. Both shops would be very helpful and glad to special order gear for you.

Another place to try would be Fredericktown Yamaha. Ask for Jason Conlon. They are very into off road riding and racing. The son of the owner is a big time manufacturer's rep for several lines of gear-so getting something from them would be very easy. It is a bit of a hike, but downtown Frederick is a cool place to shop and visit, so you could roll it into one big outing. I would call them first though, to know what to expect.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

You might call Bob's BMW. They have a lot of gear.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

I don't need any reason or excuse to go visiting bike/gear dealers. Let me know, and I'll pick you up and go on a "Gear Tour"! :ride:
There's never a day that I don't want to do so!
:lol8:
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

It really depends on what kind of gear you want.

Battley is an HD shop, and is heavy on the fringed leather. You know, the stuff they wear at S&M clubs. :-o Not to be confused with SM rides. :loveit:

Bobs are street-oriented, Beemer-weenie protective wear. As I get older, but not more affluent, I gravitate to this gear. I highly recommend going to Bob's and trying on the Olympia AST. If there is such a thing as one jacket for all seasons, with decent protection, this is it.

The Motorcycle shop in College Park is dirt oriented.

My local shop, Cycles USA seems to specialize in mesh gear for the urban crowd. Mesh is folly, IMHO. Better than a T-shirt, but not much. With a shirt, at least ER doesn't need to pick melted nylon out of your skin if you have a big off.

RAM will get you anything you can find in a magazine, catalog or on the internet, which is semi-true of any dealer, but some dealers won't go to the trouble of dealing with a distributor they don't have an account with.
AVB_82

Post by AVB_82 »

Thanks guys!