I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hello There

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Hello There

Post by Rut Row »

Teethgrinder wrote:I'm going to get a feel for the weather tomorrow, and make weekend plans from there. Stay tuned to this channel for any breaking news. :ride:

I think a few guys are going supermoto riding this weekend, but anyone else up for a shot up to Green Ridge for an easy day and a cheeseburger stop somewhere?
I get in late tonight. Sat is out, I'd be gelded if I turned around and left home to ride - Monday would work.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

I'm good for Monday too (at this time). Let's pencil it in?
AVB_82

Post by AVB_82 »

Monday is the only day that isn't so easy for me, but I'll see what I can do...
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

CRF100 heh, we'll have to put it up against the mighty TTR125. Maybe we can hook you up w/ Erin to ride sometime.

Have you been riding dirt alot, or are you just learning? I know you said you'd like your street license.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

AVB_82 wrote:I'll def take the bike out this weekend. Unfortunately it's not a dual sport, nor do I have my license. That's my project before the end of the year. Baby steps :)

I have a crf100f now. I'm sure i'll want something a little bigger, and very soon. I'm somewhat vertically challenged though, so I'm limited.

Anyone heading out to some trails sometime soon that may be looking for some company? (albeit very green)???????
I missed this post earlier. You have chosen a wise path for learning to ride. Learn on the dirt and get good and comfortable with it and you will gain more moto skill than you ever will riding a street bike. Good luck! :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
AVB_82

Post by AVB_82 »

Bucho wrote:CRF100 heh, we'll have to put it up against the mighty TTR125. Maybe we can hook you up w/ Erin to ride sometime.

Have you been riding dirt alot, or are you just learning? I know you said you'd like your street license.
The mighty huh? We'll have to see. I'd love to! Just tell her to send me a message.

I started early last spring and rode a bit through about half the summer, but then didn't have access to a bike again until getting mine recently. I'm a little rusty and new to the sport as well, but I'm a fast learner and have been told that i have a knack for the sport (by the person who taught me to ride) :)

As far as my street license goes...I have a bad habit of being impatient when I find something I like to do...so even though I know I should be waiting until I become more familiar and comfortable with the sport, chances are that's gonna last all of a month :shrug:
AVB_82

Post by AVB_82 »

mdubya wrote:
AVB_82 wrote:I'll def take the bike out this weekend. Unfortunately it's not a dual sport, nor do I have my license. That's my project before the end of the year. Baby steps :)

I have a crf100f now. I'm sure i'll want something a little bigger, and very soon. I'm somewhat vertically challenged though, so I'm limited.

Anyone heading out to some trails sometime soon that may be looking for some company? (albeit very green)???????
I missed this post earlier. You have chosen a wise path for learning to ride. Learn on the dirt and get good and comfortable with it and you will gain more moto skill than you ever will riding a street bike. Good luck! :thumbup:
Thanks! I'm sure I'll need it!!!
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mtd679 »

My better half has a CRF100, as well. We'd be in for a ride at Greenridge on Monday if others are going too. We'll have to go and get stickers for this year before hand since we haven't yet been this year.

Someone post-up a meeting time and place...
bunch of bike I don't ride...
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

AVB_82 wrote:Monday is the only day that isn't so easy for me, but I'll see what I can do...
This by no means implies that Monday is the ONLY day. I personally have 3 to kill this weekend!