I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Gravel-ly Goodness

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Kath

Gravel-ly Goodness

Post by Kath »

Joe took me up to Michaux and Caledonia today for some gravel-ly goodness. It was c-o-l-d this morning! Well, when you forget to put the liner in your mesh jacket, anyway. ;) Took a bunch of pics that mostly all look like this:

Did take a special pic for you guys:

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Gravel-ly Goodness

Post by Rut Row »

:rayof: DAMN good job! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

She had a good time, but she really wanted a little more technical stuff...think she got bored.
:thumbup:
Kath

Post by Kath »

I didn't realize you were filming until I almost got right up on you. I was slowing down to see why you were stopped.

I definitely had fun....some parts were a little "more of the same", but there were rocks jutting out now and then to target and run over and make it interesting. The part coming down out of there was fun....very rocky and bumpy! lol The scenery was nice. I'll bet in a couple more weeks it will be awesome to see. I wish it had been sunny, though.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Next year come to the Pine Barrons with us :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Michaux, my back yard and I don't get there often enough. Good riding.

PM me and I'll give you the super secret locations for some more challenging sections. :brows:
Last edited by Laoch on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce
Kath

Post by Kath »

I saw a bunch of trails off of the roads we were on, but I also saw several horseback riders in the park, and since I'm a former horse owner and trail rider of many years and have friends who had nasty run ins with motorcycles illegally on horse trails, landing them in hospitals, illegally riding trails that horses use is not an option for me.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kath wrote:I saw a bunch of trails off of the roads we were on, but I also saw several horseback riders in the park, and since I'm a former horse owner and trail rider of many years and have friends who had nasty run ins with motorcycles illegally on horse trails, landing them in hospitals, illegally riding trails that horses use is not an option for me.
:dirtdog:

I didn't say that.

I've been riding there for over 20 years. I just know places.
I never ride on horse trails.
Bruce
Kath

Post by Kath »

Just checking! We saw several gates across roads that looked no different as the gravel ones we were on. Do you know why those are gated off? I was just curious. Also, Joe said once a year they open all the trails up to motorcycles. I'm guessing they kick the horses out for day? That sounds like fun.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Hunting season they open all the gates, well most of them.
Some are access for logging and fires.
Bruce