I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shenandoah 500 Vs Pine Barrens 300

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Shenandoah 500 Vs Pine Barrens 300

Post by Skinny-J »

It basically comes down to do you prefer the beach or the mountains. I have never done the PB300 but I have driven through NJ plenty; not a lot of big hills and plenty of sand. I am sure it is still a fun ride, but just like you I have to pick which one to do each year..... I have done the S-500 and plan on it again this year. Dirty thought that all the S-500 is public roads but that is not true. There are plenty of public roads that are mostly used to connect to different fire trails that are opended just for this event with the cooperation of the National Forest Service. I am sure you have been though this part of VA and WV before so you know what the vistas are like when you get up on top of some these mountains; absolutely spectacular. Additionally, the camping at Mt. Solan is great, every body hanging out all weekend kicking tires; and the food they provide is always tasty as well.

Jay
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:
hondahawkrider wrote:As for the pb as far as I know it's always been a bigger bike ride ie bikes over 500 CC's
okay - now I'm really confused. You said you were going to run the car in the Pine Barrons. I assumed you meant there was a rally for cars. No?
I am doing the pb in november in the car... however my comment was directed at code - who said the pb300 in Oct for bikes was under a certain cc limit, when it's the reverse (bike has to be OVER a certain limit)..

The only thing that gets me is they say it's for 500cc and above - yet in the pics section there are drz's listed...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

More importantly - who is planning on doing the pb and/or the s500 this year
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hondahawkrider wrote:I am doing the pb in november in the car...
so... is this a sanctioned rally?
hondahawkrider wrote:... however my comment was directed at code - who said the pb300 in Oct for bikes was under a certain cc limit, when it's the reverse (bike has to be OVER a certain limit)..

The only thing that gets me is they say it's for 500cc and above - yet in the pics section there are drz's listed...
agreed - and why pic 500cc? most larger DS bikes, which they say they cater too, are b650cc or better - why not pick 650cc? :screwy:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:
hondahawkrider wrote:I am doing the pb in november in the car...
so... is this a sanctioned rally?
hondahawkrider wrote:... however my comment was directed at code - who said the pb300 in Oct for bikes was under a certain cc limit, when it's the reverse (bike has to be OVER a certain limit)..

agreed - and why pic 500cc? most larger DS bikes, which they say they cater too, are b650cc or better - why not pick 650cc? :screwy:
I think they picked 500 to keep out mx bikes that are mostly 450s .. So guys on those bikes didn't rocket by the bigger bike all day long, and to still allow the 525/530 KTMs that allot of folks made ADV tweener bikes outta .. but that's just a guess..
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se