I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Beaver SM report 8/6/09

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Beaver SM report 8/6/09

Post by mdubya »

And so it goes, another near perfect outing at BeaveRun for Thursday open practice. OK, so we had to pay our $25 at the gate this time, and there were several 2 stroke shifter karts there for practice too, and there were several rental karts running, so we had to actually share the track this time out, waaaaa, and boo hoo, :boohoo: .

No problem really, we are big boys and we are used to not getting our way. :lol2:

Bobby Bones's KTM actually ran flawlessly this time out. After two frustrating trips to the Beave, finally, success. The machine:

The Vert, unloaded, and a bit dusty from the dirt section last time out:

The Vert actually acted up and pretty much didn't run the whole day. Looks like a solvable problem though, so she should be fixed and ready to play again for the next time out.

The entire facility was much busier than we are used to on a Thursday. The Shelby Club was in the process of showing up for a weekend worth of events. Subsequently, there were quite a few GT 500's and GT 350's and Cobras running around the paddock.If you are in to that kind of thing, it was quite a bonus.

On to the track action (Sorry for the low quality experimental cell phone images. I will do better next time!):

Dennys bends it in to T1, chased by Bob

Dennys sliding it in to T1

Courtney takes the smooth approach with a high and pretty classic line

Bobby Bones on his KTM!

Dennys hacking it in

Bob showing good form

Dennys chases Courtney down the hill

New School vs Old School

DP gettin' 'er sideways

End of the day, Bob got a marathon session with the track all to himself. The photos are a little dark and it was starting to get a little dark, but you get the idea. This is about 7:45 PM:

Infield

Last turn

Infield

Good form, last turn

Bones

Lonely thru the kink

Dennys and Courtney (silver F150) take a tour of the Shelby paddock before heading home. There is a GT 40 under the car cover under that easy up. It looked badass even covered up.

DP had two good crashes pushing his limits. I got a chance to ride Dennys's 250 and Courtney's 450 (thank you boys!). Both are super fun to ride. I think a well set up 250 might be the real weapon of choice for supermoto. Dennys's YZF felt like a fast, over grown mini bike and it is light and effortless thru the tight stuff, of which there is plenty at the Beave. Yet, it still has a pretty strong pull and makes corner exits a WOT affair, with little threat of a high side; just pure electric drive.

Courtney's KTM 450 is one of those bikes that is just easy to ride. It moves around a bit, but it pulls hard and it is fast. And he has a 16.5 inch front rim with a Dunlop slick which allows outrageously deep lean angles. I am pretty sure I ride Courtney's bike faster than my Vert because it is just so much easier to ride.

So, another good day. And Bob finally got to ride his awesome and beautiful KTM and he closed the place down, riding until it was almost dark.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC