I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Saturday June 27 - North\South DS ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Saturday June 27 - North\South DS ride

Post by Skinny-J »

This is an open invite to a pseudo dual sport ride this Saturday. My other bike is a Kawasaki Concours and I ride a lot with an owner's group called C.O.G. However, COG is NOT exclusive to owing a Concours and the group is made up of every bike imaginable, from old C-10's to new C-14's to V-stroms to BMW's to KLR's. This weekend, a local member is hosting a camp-out and ride at his house in Manchester MD and I was asked to layout one of the ride options in a DS format.

I have laid out a 200 mile loop that will take you from Manchester MD to the Catoctin mountains south of Frederick and then plays around and works its way north in the Catoctins into PA and then back to Manchester. I did my best to find dirt and gravel roads but this can be challenging so close to "civilization". Therefore, you can expect a route of short sections of dirt and gravel roads strung together with back country paved roads as connectors. I did manage to incorporate 3 water crossing into the route and one of them is fairly significant so be ready! I also would like to acknowledge the assistance of Code and Kyler, both of whom have supplied me in the past with nice tidbits of back roads which have been incorporated into the route.

More info about the general weekend activities can be found here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/mb ... opic=17761 If you would like a copy of the GPS route just PM me.

Hope to see some you DAMN guys on Saturday. Come on out and make some new friends and enjoy a ride through Maryland's Roads less traveled!

Jay
John Go

Re: Saturday June 27 - North\South DS ride

Post by John Go »

gzj443 wrote:....
I have laid out a 200 mile loop that will take you from Manchester MD to the Catoctin mountains south of Frederick and then plays around and works its way north in the Catoctins into PA and then back to Manchester. I did my best to find dirt and gravel roads but this can be challenging so close to "civilization". Therefore, you can expect a route of short sections of dirt and gravel roads strung together with back country paved roads as connectors. I did manage to incorporate 3 water crossing into the route and one of them is fairly significant so be ready!
.......Jay
Sounds like a nice ride, wish I could make it. Sounds similar to a route I put together hitting most of Frederick County's gravel roads.

Here is a google map some friends and I put together of local dirt roads. Mostly Frederick, but some Carroll County and NoVa, and some PA near State College. Check it out and add to it. If you are interested in a text list of Fredco and CarrollCo gravel roads I can dig it out and send it to you.
Cheers,
John Go
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

John Go wrote: Sounds like a nice ride, wish I could make it. Sounds similar to a route I put together hitting most of Frederick County's gravel roads.

Here is a google map some friends and I put together of local dirt roads. Mostly Frederick, but some Carroll County and NoVa, and some PA near State College. Check it out and add to it. If you are interested in a text list of Fredco and CarrollCo gravel roads I can dig it out and send it to you.
Cheers,
John Go
So YOU are the guy managing that map! I've been trying to find out how to help with that - we need to talk.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
John Go

Post by John Go »

Kyler wrote: So YOU are the guy managing that map! I've been trying to find out how to help with that - we need to talk.
I'm one of the guys. It was started by a couple of friends for bicycle riding. Mixed surface rides are my favorite for any type of two wheeled travel. :rayof:
Kath

Post by Kath »

Hmmm....200 miles on the XT. My butt is sore just thinking about it. I'm usually good for a few hundred miles on a bike, but after 100 last week on the XT, my ass was killing me. lol
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:Hmmm....200 miles on the XT. My butt is sore just thinking about it. I'm usually good for a few hundred miles on a bike, but after 100 last week on the XT, my ass was killing me. lol
Uhhhh.... :huh: last week you were a virgin and this week your ass is killing you? :harhar:

:peep:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kath

Post by Kath »

I guess I need more ass time to build up stamina. :harhar:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:I guess I need more ass time to build up stamina. :harhar:
:jack:
Ken
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

She tells me that in bed all the time. :poser:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

code wrote:
She tells me that in bed all the time. :poser:
:whip: :whip: :whip: get at it boy, a duty is a duty! :dirtdog:
Ken