I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

PaTRA DS ride at Bald Eagle SF June21

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skyclad

PaTRA DS ride at Bald Eagle SF June21

Post by Skyclad »

Anybody planning on going on this ride? I have clearance from the boss. She said since I didn't get to play last weekend, I could get dirty this weekend. It woiuld be nice to have somebody else I kinda sorta know to laugh at/with me.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: PaTRA DS ride at Bald Eagle SF June21

Post by Bucho »

Family vacation starts that week for me.
I've never heard of that one. Bring back some pics.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skyclad

Post by Skyclad »

I will see what I can do, though I warn you now, I never seem to remember to get many pics. I get into the groove and the camera is forgotten.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I know what you mean. I hate stopping when I'm riding and feeling good.

I might have to break down someday and get a helmet cam.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skyclad

Post by Skyclad »

Well, I did not get any pictures today, but I may have found a few new DAMN riders.

As far as the ride goes, it was outstanding. I did the entire route, and many of the optional sections. Overall, the course was on the rocky side, with a few interesting rock gardens. I did not take the hero section, which was rumored to be a huge rock garden. Given what I did ride, I would believe it. There was also plenty of mud, a bit of shallow sand and lots of gravel roads.

The high point for me, other than not dropping the bike once, was making up what the rpoute planners referred to as a "nice climb". Their definition of nice climb was about a mile of loose dirt strewn with rocks varying in size from potato to canalope. Remember, this was the first time that I have been on serious dirt since high school.

I will absolutely be doing this ride again next year.
Skyclad

Post by Skyclad »

Oh yeah, there were no significant whoops.
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

How many miles was it?
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Were you on the Uly or the Katoom?
Bruce
Skyclad

Post by Skyclad »

FourStroke wrote:How many miles was it?
Main route was about 80 miles. I would say about a little over half was gravel, or a little pavement. The rest was trails. Some of the options were longer than the main route, some shorter.
dirtygrunt wrote:Were you on the Uly or the Katoom?
I had considered taking the Uly, but really wanted to get a long ride on the KTM. Glad I made that choice, as the Uly would have been a nightmare, even on the main route. I have had the Ulysses on some of the more road like parts of this route, but the trails were somewhat beyond anything I would want to take the that bike on.

Even on the KTM, I was on one of the bigger bikes there. I saw a handful of other 520/530 KTM's, one KLR650 and one of the sweep riders was riding a KTM Adventure. He stayed on the main route. Most folks were on the smaller KTM's, DRZ's, WR250's and the such, with a sprinkling of two strokes thrown into the mix.