I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Emergency Sphincter Release

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Emergency Sphincter Release

Post by Rut Row »

I installed a new set of bars this morning. Since I had the thing apart, I also installed heated grips. So naturally I had to go for a ride and test it out. :rickey:

Rode around a while and ended up on the west side of the Shenandoah going from Harpers Ferry to Shepherdstown. Not long into the ride I smell burning insulation! I'm looking all over, don't see any smoke, try all the circuits and nothing fails... then realize I'm following a truck downhill and his brakes are hot. :dry: That put the emergency sphincter release on standby. I wasn't relishing a wiring repair job in the field.

So I'm getting into it on CR-17/1 south of Shepherdstown. The new bars have less sweep and are easier to get the bike over. That or following Bucho is starting to rub off. So, I'm 1/2 way into a 90 degree right-hand turn and it happens. The Emergency Sphincter Release triggers. I think is had something to do with the right foot contacting the pavement and lifting off the peg. :lol8: You guys are definitely a BAD influence! I spent the rest of the trip cranking it over and curling my toes up. Yeowza that was fun!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Re: Emergency Sphincter Release

Post by Roadracer_Al »

:brows: :loveit: :ride: :lol8:

When you're turning up the heat, ya gotsta get yer feet up on the pegs. I like to position my feet so the shift and brake levers hit right about at the joint of my big toe. And don't forget to keep your heels in, too.
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

The next time you're watching MotoGP, pay attention to Danny Pedrosa. He does this cool, exaggerated thing with his foot as he clicks into gear and repositions the ball of his foot onto the peg at turn in. The footwork of the pros, whether its GNCC or MotoGP, is something to behold. Neat stuff.
Rob

XR650L
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

RRob wrote:The next time you're watching MotoGP, .
Which will be today for me! :loveit:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

This Danny Pedrosa? :harhar:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I like the foot work in this one

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:. That or following Bucho is starting to rub off. So, I'm 1/2 way into a 90 degree right-hand turn and it happens. The Emergency Sphincter Release triggers. I think is had something to do with the right foot contacting the pavement and lifting off the peg. :lol8: You guys are definitely a BAD influence! I spent the rest of the trip cranking it over and curling my toes up. Yeowza that was fun!
If you ever wonder if you are doing things right, this is how you tell that indeed you are doing things right! :ride: Congratulations!
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:This Danny Pedrosa?
Neither vid is Dani Pedrosa's shining moment. :lol2: Nonetheless, he is one of the greatest. :bow:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Way to go Ken!
Glad you were feeling it. Once you start touching a foot, you get a feel for when thats about to happen and you get used to it.

Wait till you tag along on a motard ride where Rob or Mike is leading. You aint' seen nothing yet.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Teethgrinder wrote:
DAMNKLRRider wrote:This Danny Pedrosa?
Neither vid is Dani Pedrosa's shining moment. :lol2: Nonetheless, he is one of the greatest. :bow:
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se