I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

pis from our ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

pis from our ride

Post by Daves08excr »

pics from our ride.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: pis from our ride

Post by Rut Row »

I'm diggin' that KLR tank - how does the 2 gal below the carb get used?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
webmost

Post by webmost »

Kyler wrote:I'm diggin' that KLR tank - how does the 2 gal below the carb get used?
Yesterday morning, I pumped 6.4 gallons. I suspect the gas station ripped me off, though, because I probably had a gallon left. But, anyway, it was down to the last bits in the wings. So it doesn't seem to be a problem getting gas to the carb. They say that to get the last couple quarts, you lay the bike on it's port side and let the dregs from the starboard side slosh over the hump to where the petcock lives.

Biffy's farklemorphosis is starting to take shape. Here's her current look, with Maier handguards and a thatched brake pedal:

Looks like a bullfrog sitting in the tall grass.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Wacky! I like it! Nice headlights, too -- care to discuss?

Also, even though I just ate a big-ass breakfast, that slab'o'beef is making my mouth water. You ought to put a link to that restaurant in the "Eats!" section.
webmost

Post by webmost »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Wacky! I like it! Nice headlights, too -- care to discuss?
When I was looking for a KLR, I put together a Perl program that would search the motorcycle section of every craigslist from New York to Ohio to Norfolk. Kept an eye on the output every day, looking for a bargain bike. Before I even fetched Biffy from Chicago, I spotted where a guy in Pittsburgh offered this light bar for sale. I appreciated the way his light bar swapped out by far the ugliest feature of what is, let's face it, a fugly bike, the KLR650. Besides, my main ride is a BMW R1200CLC, which has four headlights; so one wee flicker was not going to be enough. So I bought the light bar. I was farkling before I even had the bike. I think he made it himself. The lights appear to be tractor floodlights. The bulbs are H3s.

So far, I am pleased with her farklemorphosis. She looks unique and practical. Next, we'll see what side racks, risers, and a tool tube do.

Bikes are fun :whoop: