I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Memorial Weekend - who is riding where?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Memorial Weekend - who is riding where?

Post by Rut Row »

21783mike wrote:I'll make sure I have the new tires on and see if mototricks can do the valves on the klr if this is gonna pan out for sunday....
chop, chop! get with it dude - we are a go! :roost:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Spent the night in the garage, tires are on, newer model master cylinder, and braided stainless front brake line are on. Now I just have to wait till tomorrow to see if Joe can do the valves and put the new fork seals on before the weekend.
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

21783mike wrote:Spent the night in the garage, tires are on, newer model master cylinder, and braided stainless front brake line are on. Now I just have to wait till tomorrow to see if Joe can do the valves and put the new fork seals on before the weekend.
if you need a spare set of forks, holler! I have a '01 rolling chassis with spare parts I won't need. :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kyler wrote:
Bucho wrote:I'll have my motard wheels on the DR.
I wasn't planning on doing the ORV at Greenridge, just the fun dirtroads. I'll look into a route for the day. Feel free to plan/lead part of the route. I'm flexible, just wanted a fun day ride. (with as little highway as possible)
which day works best for you? I'll see what I can do for a route
I'm not seeing much dirt on MapSource between here and there. Anyone got suggestions?
Ken
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
Kyler wrote:
Bucho wrote:I'll have my motard wheels on the DR.
I wasn't planning on doing the ORV at Greenridge, just the fun dirtroads. I'll look into a route for the day. Feel free to plan/lead part of the route. I'm flexible, just wanted a fun day ride. (with as little highway as possible)
which day works best for you? I'll see what I can do for a route
I'm not seeing much dirt on MapSource between here and there. Anyone got suggestions?
There is some awesome supermoto type pavement.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

21783mike wrote:I'll make sure I have the new tires on and see if mototricks can do the valves on the klr if this is gonna pan out for sunday....

I think your Ducati would work just fine, if you don't have the KLR set up to roll.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'm not seeing much dirt on MapSource between here and there. Anyone got suggestions?[/quote]

There is some awesome supermoto type pavement.[/quote]

There are plenty of nice dirt roads in and around Greenridge, I was thinking more about some nice twisty pavement on the way out there.
Though dirt is always acceptable...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

I don't remember who led but on this ride - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183573 we went from just a bit west of Hancock off of 40 on dirt to Greenridge following GPS. The 1st mile or so was "sorta" a road....
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Not sure which road you mean, but I'll try to please.

I got some good suggestions for the road part of the ride, not sure if we'll map out some of the dirt to ride or just sort of wing it depending on time and how adventurous the group is feeling.

So is anyone commiting to going? Or is it just Ken and I?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Not sure which road you mean, but I'll try to please.

I got some good suggestions for the road part of the ride, not sure if we'll map out some of the dirt to ride or just sort of wing it depending on time and how adventurous the group is feeling.

So is anyone commiting to going? Or is it just Ken and I?
what time do you want to meet? 0900 at the 7-11?

Code 'ol buddy - this is a Strom ride dude! :dirtdog:
Ken