I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WV Sport Tour 4/11?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
RRob
DAMN Expert

WV Sport Tour 4/11?

Post by RRob »

I've got the day off tomorrow and feel like taking the CBR out for a long ride. Is anyone interested in coming along? Does anyone have a better idea? I could probably be talked into just about any type of ride.
Rob

XR650L
Teethgrinder

Re: WV Sport Tour 4/11?

Post by Teethgrinder »

RRob wrote:I've got the day off tomorrow and feel like taking the CBR out for a long ride. Is anyone interested in coming along? Does anyone have a better idea? I could probably be talked into just about any type of ride.
It will be a great day for that, it seems. I would absolutely love to go, but tomorrow is the only day this week I can't blow off work. Of course. :cry:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I got out last evening for a loop of the Savage River Reservoir. It was a great ride, but the DRZ is acting like it needs a good going over. It is shaking and vibrating more than it sould be, so I need to get into it and look over a few things.

I probably could not get out until after 3 anyhow. However, if you want to sport tour your way out here, we could dig into the DRZ together.

I should be heading out past your way on Saturday to look at a bike (Harrisonberg). I could drop the tire by to you on my way back. Do you have a cutting tool to cut fork springs at your house (I am thinking big powered cut-off wheel)? I want to chop the fork springs on my DRZ to stiffen them up. We would need a torch to bend the chopped coil flat and a way to grind the top of the coil flat and smooth. Would you be interested in doing that Saturday if you have the tools and time?

Or I might have a new Green Ridge toy that needs test riding? :brows:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Teethgrinder wrote:It will be a great day for that, it seems. I would absolutely love to go, but tomorrow is the only day this week I can't blow off work. Of course. :cry:
Well, maybe some Saturday in the future. I'm always on the lookout for sane sportbikers to ride with. :ride:
Rob

XR650L
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

mdubya wrote:I got out last evening for a loop of the Savage River Reservoir. It was a great ride, but the DRZ is acting like it needs a good going over. It is shaking and vibrating more than it sould be, so I need to get into it and look over a few things.

I probably could not get out until after 3 anyhow. However, if you want to sport tour your way out here, we could dig into the DRZ together.

I should be heading out past your way on Saturday to look at a bike (Harrisonberg). I could drop the tire by to you on my way back. Do you have a cutting tool to cut fork springs at your house (I am thinking big powered cut-off wheel)? I want to chop the fork springs on my DRZ to stiffen them up. We would need a torch to bend the chopped coil flat and a way to grind the top of the coil flat and smooth. Would you be interested in doing that Saturday if you have the tools and time?

Or I might have a new Green Ridge toy that needs test riding? :brows:
I'll be around on Saturday. It looks like its going to rain so that will be my "chore" day. I have an air driven exhaust cut-off tool that will make quick work of cutting the springs and flat grinding discs for smoothing the ends but the only torch I have is the small propane type. It might not be enough to get the springs red hot...

If you stop by, I'm going to force you to unload the new bike for a few practice laps around the yard. I rebuilt my jump last weekend; its pretty sweet!

Bye, bye Duke. You'll be missed.

Rob

XR650L