I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Update on PBAR rides this year

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

PBAR is the Pine Barrons Adventure Riders. This is the group that sets up events like the Pine Barrons Dual Sport rides and quite few others. Last Year Jack set up and ran the PA Wilds event. 4 days and 1500 miles around PA forrest roads and trails. Good stuff! Anyway, he sent out this email this morning-

"I have submitted a permit for a PA Wilds AMA National event for May 20 thru 23 and a Pine barrens 500 Oct 15,16 and 17.

The PA event should be approved, but the NJ state forests are not accepting permit apps yet for this year"

The "NJ state forests are not accepting permit apps yet for this year" wonder if that means Hammer and other NJ events will be canx this year or maybe pushed off?
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Update on PBAR rides this year

Post by Firebolter »

Found this on the ECEA page-

Race# Event Name Location Sponsors/Club Date Pre-Entry
1 Greenbrier Enduro Port Elizabeth, NJ TCSMC 03/14/2021 Currently Disabled
2 Curly Fern Enduro-Postponed Shamong, NJ SJER 03/21/2021 Pre-Entry Not Set Up
3 Sandy Lane Enduro-Postponed Greenbank, NJ MMC 03/28/2021 Pre-Entry Not Set Up
4 Pine Barons Enduro-Postponed Chatsworth, NJ PBER 04/11/2021 Pre-Entry Not Set Up
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

rest of the year is TBD. Hope we get some events done, looks like PA will be more events than NJ.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 am PBAR is the Pine Barrons Adventure Riders. This is the group that sets up events like the Pine Barrons Dual Sport rides and quite few others. Last Year Jack set up and ran the PA Wilds event. 4 days and 1500 miles around PA forrest roads and trails. Good stuff! Anyway, he sent out this email this morning-

"I have submitted a permit for a PA Wilds AMA National event for May 20 thru 23 and a Pine barrens 500 Oct 15,16 and 17.

The PA event should be approved, but the NJ state forests are not accepting permit apps yet for this year"

The "NJ state forests are not accepting permit apps yet for this year" wonder if that means Hammer and other NJ events will be canx this year or maybe pushed off?
The dual-sport rides are what I miss the most.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Using COVID-19 as an excuse to deny permits?

PA isn’t there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

RORR enduro is on hold. FRO won’t allow it cause it’s too big? And they have so many pass holders and can’t shut down the whole property.

Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

well between all of us, we have enough stuff we can do 3-4 rides on our own easy this year and the money we save on entries, we could buy food and do a big cookout. I have 5 acres in Pa close to reels corner (west of Breezewood right off US30 by Mount Ararat), about 7-10 miles from the Flight 93 memorial. We could camp there and do a bunch of rides up and out in all directions-

Lot's of trees so hammock camping is easy. Nice big fire pit. No running water though, we have to bring in everything basically. Sommerset is only 10ish miles away.
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

You’re on big guy

Bruce