I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Pine Barrens 500

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Pine Barrens 500

Post by Rut Row »

Have any of you done the PB500? It is Oct 10,11 & 12 this year. Maybe we should stage a D.A.M.N. invasion! :lol2: I'm thinking of getting hotel reservations now.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Re: Pine Barrens 500

Post by Teethgrinder »

Where are these alleged Pine Barrens that you speak of? :peep:
thisguy

Post by thisguy »

I have done both years of it. Fantastic event.Type Pine Barrons of New Jersey. You have to have a GPS, unless you hook up with someone who has one. Lots of sand, some more sand and then a little more sand. Friday is more sandy than Sat. Sunday it tighter. It is the best way to feel what running a ralley is like. All legal roads, not single track, but lots of sand.

It also on the AMA National Adventure series.

The Ramada in Hammonton NJ is the HQ.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

THis is one of the events I am building the 620 out for ... Im in..

Anyone know more about the shenadoah 500 in Wva?
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hondahawkrider wrote:THis is one of the events I am building the 620 out for ... Im in..

Nope - but do you want to split a room for the PB500?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:
hondahawkrider wrote:THis is one of the events I am building the 620 out for ... Im in..

Nope - but do you want to split a room for the PB500?
ill be your huckleberry... :lol8: Do you know if registration is open yet....

fwiw.. I am most likely going to trailer to the PB.. Just in case.... I have a rav4 and a Kendon trailer (small, with suspension but it works great)..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
delusion39
DAMN Wanabe

Post by delusion39 »

The PB500 is def worth doing. I ran it last year, all 3 days, on my DRZ400. You'll meet some great people and the riding is awesome. Fast sections, slow sections, and scenic sections, whoops like you've never seen before. It's allot of sand though, and on the 3rd day, around mile 450, you'll be ready to call it a day , but it's awesome. Nothing like 4th gear rally style blasting with the rear all kicked out to get the blood flowing :cheers:
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2006 KTM 450 EXC
2007 KTM 300 XC
2013 KTM 990 Adventure Baja

Ex bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KDX 200,2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (R.I.P),2002 Suzuki DRZ 400E, 1998 Honda Interceptor.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I have a reservation for a room with 2 beds, checking in Thursday Oct 9th and checking out Sunday October 12th. Cancellation policy is 24 hours advance notice.
Ken
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

I have often though about doing the PB500 but have a stupid question first...
Yes, I like to beat up my bike with the best of them and I ride EVERY day. I notice that when I ride on salted roads in the winter, all kinds of parts on my bike rust big time. Bolts, pipes, chain, brakes, etc, all get crapped up in short order in salty conditions. What the hell must happen to your bike after riding 500 miles of salt water and sand? I'm not a pussy, but wonder how much corrosion damage you see after one of these extended salt bath rides. Anybody? :-o
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Hose ***everything*** down with some kind of spray lube. WD-40 isn't actually a lubricant, it's more of a penetrant, so something like Marvel Mystery Oil spray or Boe-Shield. I even spray under the fenders.

Bonus: it makes it easier to wash up.