2021 Events and discussion

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
User avatar
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am
Contact:

2021 Events and discussion

Post by Laoch » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Good bye to a f*ucked up year and here's hoping the Government doesn't f*ck 2021 up as well. :deal:

I'll put links to different calendars and post info on some popular events. Mostly DS stuff and some local home brews that we are cooking up.

Bill is working on this Adv ride --> http://www.damnriders.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5338

Reunion at Mtn Ridge can be 3rd or 4th weekend in May, please discuss. 2d weekend in May is Mom's day and last (5th) weekend is Memorial Day.

Hopefully Granville will have something in the spring.

I'll try to squeeze in a decent Michaux ride/get together? maybe sometime in April weather depending.

And, of course, we'll keep tabs on the trials events.


28 Feb SJER DS Ice Breaker --Pending and tentative. sjer.org

1-2 May DAMN Adv ride
May 22-23 DAMN reunion

June 5-6. Dirty Dabbers. https://www.durtydabbers.com

June 19- 20 Foggy Mtn enduro/fun ride. DVTR.org for info
Bruce
'19 FE250/'16 F700GS/some trials bikes

User avatar
BamBam
DAMN Expert
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:20 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and Reunion discussion

Post by BamBam » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Looking forward to some casual riding with the group. As long as helmet cams are allowed, count me IN. :killingme:
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 5705
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and Reunion discussion

Post by Bucho » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:51 pm

BamBam wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:40 pm
Looking forward to some casual riding with the group. As long as helmet cams are allowed, count me IN. :killingme:
Come out to one of my Emmitsburg rides. Casual dress code and helmet cams allowed
Suzuki DR650
Yamaha WR250R
Beta Xtrainer
Sherco 290 trials

User avatar
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1619
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and Reunion discussion

Post by juddspaintballs » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:45 pm

I would like the Reunion on the 4th weekend in May if possible. It works best with my schedule.
Jed Gregory
KTM 450 EXC

User avatar
phoo
aka "That Guy"
Posts: 1953
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:38 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and Reunion discussion

Post by phoo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:56 pm

First weekend in May for the DAMN ADV ride works for me. I even have a replacement engine for my DRZ being shipped for it.
Second weekend in May is Mother's Day
Third weekend in May is open. Woah!
Fourth weekend in May for the DAMN Reunion works for me.
Fifth weekend in May is Memorial Day.


Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200 :: 2002 Suzuki SV650

User avatar
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and discussion

Post by Laoch » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:59 pm

SJER Ice Breaker DS is pending permits. Good luck with that. Govt fear mongering is still in effect big time in Jersey.

Durty Dabber is on the calendar. 5-6 June.
Bruce
'19 FE250/'16 F700GS/some trials bikes

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and discussion

Post by Twist » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 am

Do any of you guys get up to the Allegheny forests out of the Marienville trailheads? It's been several years since I've been up there and I'm feeling like it might be time to go exploring up there again. There was a group of about 6 of us that stayed in a group campsite behind the hotel and guest houses and it's literally right on the trailhead.

It's a bit farther to go (about 5 hours ride from Annapolis) but there's a lot of great trails and forest roads in there.

If there's any interest maybe we'll start looking for a late spring or summer date that would work for a couple of days there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 5705
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and discussion

Post by Bucho » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:36 pm

Twist wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 am
Do any of you guys get up to the Allegheny forests out of the Marienville trailheads? It's been several years since I've been up there and I'm feeling like it might be time to go exploring up there again. There was a group of about 6 of us that stayed in a group campsite behind the hotel and guest houses and it's literally right on the trailhead.

It's a bit farther to go (about 5 hours ride from Annapolis) but there's a lot of great trails and forest roads in there.

If there's any interest maybe we'll start looking for a late spring or summer date that would work for a couple of days there.
A group of us rode some of that 5+ years ago while on a dualsport trip. I remember struggling a little bit since I was on motard wheels... But nothing we rode was terribly hard.

Im not against it but I can only go on so many multi-day trips
Suzuki DR650
Yamaha WR250R
Beta Xtrainer
Sherco 290 trials

User avatar
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and discussion

Post by Laoch » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:24 pm

Twist wrote:Do any of you guys get up to the Allegheny forests out of the Marienville trailheads? It's been several years since I've been up there and I'm feeling like it might be time to go exploring up there again. There was a group of about 6 of us that stayed in a group campsite behind the hotel and guest houses and it's literally right on the trailhead.

It's a bit farther to go (about 5 hours ride from Annapolis) but there's a lot of great trails and forest roads in there.

If there's any interest maybe we'll start looking for a late spring or summer date that would work for a couple of days there.
Sounds good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
'19 FE250/'16 F700GS/some trials bikes

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Events and discussion

Post by Twist » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:45 am

Laoch wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:24 pm
Twist wrote:Do any of you guys get up to the Allegheny forests out of the Marienville trailheads? It's been several years since I've been up there and I'm feeling like it might be time to go exploring up there again. There was a group of about 6 of us that stayed in a group campsite behind the hotel and guest houses and it's literally right on the trailhead.

It's a bit farther to go (about 5 hours ride from Annapolis) but there's a lot of great trails and forest roads in there.

If there's any interest maybe we'll start looking for a late spring or summer date that would work for a couple of days there.
Sounds good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got the May 1st ride on my calendar and hope to make it to another DAMN event or two this year.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 19 guests