I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: DAMN ADV ride

Post by Firebolter »

Won't let me attach the second part, too large? file is only 947 kb
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bruce, I just emailed you the two files. Take a look and see if they look okay to you. Seem okay to me! Just follow the DAMN line!
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

You probably have all this already but just in case, I loaded your first file superimposed over the MABDR track. Your track is the gray one:

I did this ride this fall from the South Mountain Cremery to where we camped at Greenwood Furnace campground.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Thanks Wes. Glad it is loading okay, first time I used that gpx converter.
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Twist wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:32 pm You probably have all this already but just in case, I loaded your first file superimposed over the MABDR track. Your track is the gray one:

I did this ride this fall from the South Mountain Cremery to where we camped at Greenwood Furnace campground.
Are all of the magenta lines part of the MABDR? In particular, I'm interested in that triangular loop that goes through Martinsburg.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Bill- I got the files. I’ll look at them later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

phoo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:45 am
Are all of the magenta lines part of the MABDR? In particular, I'm interested in that triangular loop that goes through Martinsburg.

~Patrick
Yes, there's an option on the BDR there for taking a more direct bypass route to cut off Antietam and Harpers Ferry. On the map it says that's a 60 mile segment to rejoin the main BDR track. The main track is the one that jogs south through those places and then turns back north.

I've only ridden the main track so can't comment on how desirable the north side of that triangle might be to ride.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I went to GPSVisualizer and plotted them up. They look good. I zoomed in and walk along the parts in the woods and stuff, they follow the trails and forest roads pretty good. Along with the word doc/route sheet, you should have no problem.

This is a pretty long day but it is the best part of the 2 day ride.

I'll have to work on Day 2 to make those files up, but honestly, day 2 is all nice back roads with some scenic overlooks and such all the way to Frederick, so not too much (if any) dirt on the Day 2. Day 1 is the long day (221 miles) and guys can get up leisurely Sunday morning and ride home comfortably. It's only 120ish miles on Day 2, so easy ride home from Rocky Gap and you can be home by mid afternoon easily.

Here's the plots the GPSVisualizer webpage makes. Pretty slick for a free site.

Day 1 Part 1

Day 1 Part 2 (longer part)
Lots of cool bikes---
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

I see part 1 day 1 GPX but no link to part 2.

2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

beejaytee wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:36 pm I see part 1 day 1 GPX but no link to part 2.

Yeah, the file is too big (947K--Lame Ken!)

Once I get everything all smoothed out and such, I will start a email list and email the files out as we get closer.
Lots of cool bikes---