I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:06 am
Bucho wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:07 pm
Laoch wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:53 pm

What bike you riding?
Havnt completely decided. Probably not the Sherco
I haven't decided if I'll bring the 1200GS or the WR250R. I've yet to do a multi-day ADV type ride on the WRR but just don't know if I can spend all day on that seat. Looking in to options.

Id be happy riding either bike. Say the word and we can be the Quarter Liter Crew.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Phoo, remind me jut before this to bring those brake pads.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

If you're camping or even thinking about camping, check your e-mails for a google spreadsheet link (bumping the e-mail now). I need a rough head count to update the permit and don't want to flip through posts.
'06 DR 650
'81 GL500 (some assembly required)
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

smdub wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:11 pm Phoo, remind me jut before this to bring those brake pads.
Sure, if you remind me of which brake pads I'm supposed to remind you about. :)

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

phoo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:52 pm
smdub wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:11 pm Phoo, remind me jut before this to bring those brake pads.
Sure, if you remind me of which brake pads I'm supposed to remind you about. :)

~Patrick
http://www.DAMNriders.org/viewtopic.php ... 80&p=69303
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
T_Hersh
DAMN n00b

Post by T_Hersh »

I'm in and down for camping if there's still room left.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

T_Hersh wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:40 am I'm in and down for camping if there's still room left.

Hey Newguy (or gal, whatever), you are welcome to come camp and ride w/ us.

But please put up a new member/introduction post and tell us something about yourself.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

T_Hersh wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:40 am I'm in and down for camping if there's still room left.
Follow the thread and instructions on previous pages so Kevin can get a good headcount, please don't just show up and say "I posted I was coming!" Send Kos1 a PM and he can send you the info for camping.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I have gotten a couple of PM's recently asking me if there is still room----They are from newb's that just joined DAMN with 1-2 posts.

THIS IS NOT AN ORGANIZED RIDE, IT IS YOU (AND FRIENDS IF YOU BRING THEM) AND THE WOODS. ALL LIABILITY IS BETWEEN YOU, THE MAN and YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. You will be riding in and around 4 State/National Forest so all motor vehicle laws as stated by THE MAN to ride in State and National forest MUST BE COMPLIED WITH. I would not ride out in groups more than 6 people personally, it is too hard to stay together and it makes for a train of bikes and dust (dryness TBD).

The starting point at SHEETZ in Thurmont is random, you could start from ANYWHERE. If you are one of those people who will show up by yourself and want to ride with a group, then you need to meet someone that morning and and see if they are cool with you riding along with them.

Lodging for SATURDAY NIGHT is up to you. Kevin has agreed to let folks camp at the site HE SECURED VIA PERMIT with PA DNCR. If you plan to camp there, YOU NEED TO LET HIM KNOW. DON'T JUST SHOW UP AND SAY I POSTED I WAS COMING--He made it clear how to let him know, and since he was gracious enough to do that and share, the least you could do is contact him, there is a limit at the campsite.

Lastly, THIS IS NOT AN ORGANIZED OFFICIAL RIDE, THIS IS A RIDE AMONGST FRIENDS. THERE IS NO SUPPORT, NO CHASE AND NO ONE YOU CAN CALL THAT YOU HAVEN'T SET UP IN ADVANCE. Be safe, go slow past houses, hikers, MTBers and others who WILL BE USING THE SAME RESOURCES WE WILL BE USING THAT WEEKEND!
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Firebolter wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:45 am I have gotten a couple of PM's recently asking me if there is still room----They are from newb's that just joined DAMN with 1-2 posts.

THIS IS NOT AN ORGANIZED RIDE, IT IS YOU (AND FRIENDS IF YOU BRING THEM) AND THE WOODS. ALL LIABILITY IS BETWEEN YOU, THE MAN and YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. You will be riding in and around 4 State/National Forest so all motor vehicle laws as stated by THE MAN to ride in State and National forest MUST BE COMPLIED WITH. I would not ride out in groups more than 6 people personally, it is too hard to stay together and it makes for a train of bikes and dust (dryness TBD).

The starting point at SHEETZ in Thurmont is random, you could start from ANYWHERE. If you are one of those people who will show up by yourself and want to ride with a group, then you need to meet someone that morning and and see if they are cool with you riding along with them.

Lodging for SATURDAY NIGHT is up to you. Kevin has agreed to let folks camp at the site HE SECURED VIA PERMIT with PA DNCR. If you plan to camp there, YOU NEED TO LET HIM KNOW. DON'T JUST SHOW UP AND SAY I POSTED I WAS COMING--He made it clear how to let him know, and since he was gracious enough to do that and share, the least you could do is contact him, there is a limit at the campsite.

Lastly, THIS IS NOT AN ORGANIZED OFFICIAL RIDE, THIS IS A RIDE AMONGST FRIENDS. THERE IS NO SUPPORT, NO CHASE AND NO ONE YOU CAN CALL THAT YOU HAVEN'T SET UP IN ADVANCE. Be safe, go slow past houses, hikers, MTBers and others who WILL BE USING THE SAME RESOURCES WE WILL BE USING THAT WEEKEND!
Wut he said :deal:
Bruce