I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granville's Fall 10/2-4 Camp & Two Bike Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Granville's Fall 10/2-4 Camp & Two Bike Ride

Post by Granville »

I plan to arrive Friday 10/2 by noonish and depart Sunday 10/4 late morning.

I expect less than 50 riders and all to adhere to state mandate social distancing and Wuhan Red Death requirements.

I encourage two bikes for this trip. One for the single track and one street legal for a ride along the Savage River and maybe beyond. There are some beautiful places to explore in Western MD and this will be a DAMN new adventure. I plan to roll out at 2 on Saturday. Join me on a dual sport or stay at camp and enjoy the single track. Just have fun and stay safe. :cheers:

If there is greater than a 75% chance of heavy rain that weekend, I will cancel this ride and post the cancellation here by Thursday 10/3.

This property always offers a great time to all who come and try to tackle the Mountain. With trails ranging from world class single track, open fields, long hill climbs, and optional A class hill climbs, little is left to be desired. While well worth a day trip, one must spend a couple of days to truly enjoy all this unique property has to offer.

To those who plan on camping, we have electricity and an occasionally working bathroom in a large shop. So please plan accordingly, or roll the dice. Its up to you.

PM Joker or Granville, if you desire directions to our private property and a copy of a waiver of liability. A waiver of liability is required prior to riding on my family’s private property and it will also help me keep track of how many DAMN Riders plan to attend. It is also required for all riders to wear a full compliment of safety gear (helmet, goggles, chest protector, elbow pads, knee pads, gloves and MX style boots) and have had sufficient single track experience that would qualify them as an experienced “C” rider or better. This is a challenging single track designed for accomplished riders. This not a place to come and try to learn how to ride a motorcycle or behave in anyway less than a responsible adult. However, family is more than welcome to come and relax while watching you put on a brightly colored super hero outfit while playing in the mud and using your mouth to make brapping noises. (Ok, well maybe I'm the only one who does that last part even when the bike is on..)

A word of warning to would be trespasser. This is a secure private property and is lawfully posted. Trespasser have and will continue to be dealt with harshly. The property is gated and is monitored daily by a dedicated group of well armed local hunters. For hunting privileges on the property, they detain trespassers until my good friend the local Game Warden, Mr. May arrives to confiscate their bikes or four wheelers.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them w
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
davej
DAMN Expert

Re: Granville's Fall 10/2-4 Camp & Two Bike Ride

Post by davej »

I'll be there but i can't promise to bring only two bikes :cheers:
PreMix
DAMN n00b

Post by PreMix »

Wow Jim, only 1 reply!? Well Ill be there :thumbup: . I hope there will be more than the 3 of us!

-Max
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'm sorry I'm out. Besides my own 40+ hours/week job, I'm helping my wife at her business this weekend...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I replied by PM. :-)

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. :-(

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

PreMix wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:06 pm Wow Jim, only 1 reply!? Well Ill be there :thumbup: . I hope there will be more than the 3 of us!

-Max
I think there were a bit more than three of us. :lol2:

Epic Granville event! ages 6 to 76 on bikes, bikes of every size and shape, everybody pitching in to make it fun for all

Thanks to our generous host and everybody who contributed to the awesomeness :cheers:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The weather the venue the DS ride scenery the crowd and THE GREAT HOST were FABULOUS!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

I found some pictures from the event and wanted to share. I hope to dee you guys in the spring.

Last edited by Granville on Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's