I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 9, 2009

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 9, 2009

Post by Rut Row »

I'm not going to be able to go - does anyone know if the registration is transferable? I've already paid up. If so, anyone want my reservation?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

I signed up today. There's 9 entries left.

Kyler- The woman I spoke with today said there are cancellations every year. I don't know if that means your money will be refunded though.

EDIT: Just realized it's my weekend to work. If I can switch with someone I'll be there.
Last edited by FourStroke on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kath

Post by Kath »

Hey, I have a noob question. Are these trails not open anytime to go ride? If so, isn't it nicer to go ride them when there's not 150 other people riding them at the same time? I'm just curious about the draw of these dual sport gatherings. Is it the food? LOL
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I believe there are some dirtroads out there you can ride on. But the offroad trails are only open once a year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

I like being around all those bikes. You'll see every make of bike & meet alot of people. I hear this is a easy ride (around the main loop). There's extensions/hero sections that are optional. Give it a try.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Most dual sport rides offer trails that are not legally available to ride at other times. Also It is fun being around other like people. Same principal as any car or bike show, but instead of everyone sitting around looking at parked ones, they're out using them as they were intended. Also having a planed/guided route of an unfamiliar area is nice, then there's no worries weather a trail is legal or not.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Also, in a large group there will be people of every skill level. Therefor everyone can ride at there own level, and there will almost always be another rider near.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I understand what you mean Kathy. Honestly I'd prefer not to go when there are hundreds of other people out there. I'm fine w/ just another person or small group.

However, for the above reasons they can still be pretty fun.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Kath wrote:Hey, I have a noob question. Are these trails not open anytime to go ride? If so, isn't it nicer to go ride them when there's not 150 other people riding them at the same time? I'm just curious about the draw of these dual sport gatherings. Is it the food? LOL

The trails they use are the ATV trails, no bikes are allowed on PA ATV trails. Just PA Tagged and insured ATV's. I had a PA tag on my Polaris 600 and explored most all the trails up there, the trails there make the Greenridge ORV loop look like an Interstate in comparison.
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Kath

Post by Kath »

Well, I can definitely understand the draw if the trails aren't open all the time. I do understand the gathering part of it, as far as getting together with other like minded riders. I have been known to participate in street motorcycle gatherings afar. lol

I was figuring a trail type situation would be a little different though because of simple space issues and narrow trails and having to slow down to pass other riders and such. As a noob, it seems a little intimidating....course, I guess my noob slowness on the trail would be what makes me the most nervous of a group situation because I'd be self-conscious about holding people up or being an obstacle on the trail for the more experienced riders, if that makes sense.