I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 9, 2009

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Re: Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 9, 2009

Post by OnOff »

Great day. Lots of riding, fun times, wonderful food, incredible scenery and beats the crap out of Baltimore :harhar:
I shot a lot of pix but don't feel like editing and posting tonight. I'll toss one up and say it sucked that Chris's bike took a giant poop on his day. Next time Chris...
OOOOOPS :lol2:
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Hey Chris sucks you had to bail.
Did you guys all survive? It was kinda warm.
Bruce
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Pretty sure everybody survived and it was good to see everybody from the board!
I know Steve and I were ready to get off the bikes by the time we got home! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: LOL
I got home, the wind from a nearby storm hit and took out my power. Got it back on about an hour and a half later.
Grady and Accidental Wheelie, how was your Sat ride before this one? Hope you guys got some vids and pix of both and were you guys able to do the options? We arrived late, but managed to do a few of them. Michaux is a very pretty area, wish they kept these trails open year round for dirt bikes.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

AccidentalWheeli and I didn't get a chance to ride Saturday. We met up with Dan and Dawn and did the course with them. We ran the whole course plus a little extra due to a missed turn. We also did all, or at least most of the C class options. AccidentalWheeli and Dan even tried one of the B options. The main course was fast and fun, the options were tight, technical and quite challenging. I got some helmet cam footage, and will post it as soon as I get it edited.
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

A buddy of mine and I road the whole course along with a bunch of the B and C options. Lots of fun and lots of rocks :knary: . Made two wrong turns, one that led to this down hill trail that was a waterfall of rock with lots of drop offs. We were following these guys on DRZ's (instead of looking where we were going), started in to this down hill rock field and all sudden they stop and they are just sitting there paralyzed. Anyway we just go around them over the edge, Hummmm now I see why they were stopped :wallbash: . This was an "A" type trail if I ever saw one. So about mid way down we figured out we are off course, thought about going back up, then thought better and continued down. Lucked out and kept following the trail and actual reconnected with the course :thumbup: . I saw Grady and AccidentalWheeli before the start and OnOff after the ride, but no one during the ride. I thought I would connect out on the course and do some riding with you guys, but it never happen. Next time.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

awesome ride thanks to dan and dawn for letting us follow never roll charted. heres one i am having technical issues sorry about sound