I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 9, 2009

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 9, 2009

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:As a noob, it seems a little intimidating....course, I guess my noob slowness on the trail would be what makes me the most nervous of a group situation because I'd be self-conscious about holding people up or being an obstacle on the trail for the more experienced riders, if that makes sense.
I can identify with this - the rest of the DAMN guys are fast and I'm DAMN slow. We need to sponsor a DAMN Slow DS Ride!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kath

Post by Kath »

Who was the operator of the hack in the youtube video? Cuz that didn't seem all that DAMN slow to me.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:Who was the operator of the hack in the youtube video? Cuz that didn't seem all that DAMN slow to me.
Believe it or not, that is different - with someone to counterbalance the hack it is easier to go fast. You drive hacks in the same way you drive a car. Unlike a car, it needs to be counterbalanced in turns.

Except for the time we rode at Granville's, I'm always the last one in the pack and they politely wait for me at intersections. :gdog:

At Granville's, Jim's 11yo son was there and I actually rode faster than he did on his 50cc! :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kath

Post by Kath »

I'm always the last one in the pack and they politely wait for me at intersections.
I think we're going to get along just fine. :cheers:
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

dear lord....."we" buy an xt and she goes through a puddle, tada...instantly she's intrigued in damnriders and posting every day. Dunno if I should be thrilled or what. :dry: We're pickin' up hookers later, wanna join? :lol2:

If she only knew the kinda hooligans that hang out in this group :ride:

ps. was up there a few weeks ago and it's a muddy mess on the roads. Lotsa slippin and sliding, ruts all over. Had a blast. Would imagine that the conditions will remain the same if this weather continues.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hey... it is that Mr Kath guy! :amazon:

Just kidding :hi5:
Ken
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Just checking to see who is going on this? I got an email saying that they are allowing people to start early due to the number of optional sections. I would like to hook up with some people to ride with so I am Curious what time people were considering starting the ride.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I'll be there, and I'm game for starting any time. I'd like to try as many options as possible, so an early start would be nice. I might try to head up the night before to avoid the drive in the morning.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

hey guys michaux was my backyard growing up, should I show up just to say hi? I didnt register so Im not riding is there anything you guys would like me to show up with, tires, tubes, beer, anything? ride in someones place....ken...... :bandit:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

I'll be there and can't wait. At the beach this week, but looking forward to the Michaux DS ride. Hopefully riding there with ChrisKos. Grady, If you wanna ride with us that would be great :whoop:
Bring your helmet cam!!! Kos, you riding or truckin the bike??? It's not that long of a ride and certainly much closer than GreenRidge. I would be ashamed to put my DS bike on a truck to go to a DS ride :lol2: Knock wood, I've not had a bike on a trailer yet in the past 31 yrs. How about going the night before and camping nearby?
I understand they have filled up at 150 riders and have been asking if anybody is NOT going to ride they should let them know so they can give your spot to somebody else.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...